Author Topic: Grass Textures for KJFK and KORD Taxiways for FSX versions  (Read 5954 times)

canadagoose

Grass Textures for KJFK and KORD Taxiways for FSX versions
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:02:00 am »
Strange, but true.  I just finished installing these two products into FSX and when I went into FSX to check them out I noticed that grass textures are displaying on the taxiways instead of the intended textures for these two airports. Should I re-download and install the latest versions and try them? Maybe I had a corrupted version that I previously downloaded. Not sure why, but it is strange.

Regards,
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Grass Textures for KJFK and KORD Taxiways for FSX versions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:55:22 pm »
If you had a corrupted download, the installer will not even start, because there's checksums for every file. Try to uninstall and reinstall and verify that, after the uninstall, the sceneries folder are removed (and if not, remove them).

canadagoose

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:07:17 pm »
Umberto, thanks for the fast reply. I did uninstall through the Add\Remove Programs utility in XP. I made sure there were no scenery folders present after the uninstall.  I still get the grass texture on taxiways. Just another bit of information for you though. I have REX2 installed and I am using their "grass" texture in FSX. It is this texture that is displaying. That is a file called "detail1.bmp". I replaced the default FSX file of the same name, "detail1.bmp" with the one from the REX website, but I do have a back up of the default file. Just wondering if this is the culprit or is the grass file the airport scenery uses included with the FSDreamteam scenery? Maybe some kind of a conflict?

Regards,
Tom
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:09:00 pm by canadagoose »

canadagoose

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 05:29:35 pm »
I think I've solved my own problem here. :-[ I reinstalled the default "detail1.bmp" file in Scenery\World\Texture in FSX and the taxiways are OK now.  They seem to have the correct texture displayed.  But why? Just curious as to why this would happen.  Anyway everything looks fine.  Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
Tom

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 04:29:23 pm »
AFAIK the grass.bmp is not only used for grass in FSX but also in other areas, which in some situations can cause difficulties.
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor