Author Topic: Would you like to consider these for the next update ! (MSFS 2020)  (Read 1180 times)

hknshn

Hi,
1) Crew Boarding and Pax Boarding must be separate.

2) When you request boarding at the gate with jetway, back side stairs must be optional.

3) I do not know how but push back could be easier. (Ref: Better pushback Xplane-11)

4) Maybe male cabin attendant could be considerable.

5) When is the lavatory and the other additional service will be available?

6) Some airports have specific place to de-icing. De icing must be callable in specific place of the airport.

After two month usage of GSX pro for MSFS 2020, these are my comments.

I am still happy with GSX pro for MSFS and I would like to have your comments. I know many of them discussed before but I wanted to gathered together under a post.

Note: If some of the matters above is available already and that I do not know I am sorry.

Thanks in advance

Hakan Sahin
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 07:40:51 pm by hknshn »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Would you like to consider these for the next update ! (MSFS 2020)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 08:30:52 am »
1) Crew Boarding and Pax Boarding must be separate.

It's already like that for Deboarding, and we already confirmed this is coming for Boarding too.

When you request boarding at the gate with jetway, back side stairs must be optional.

This is something that depends on the airport/region, so it should be handled at the airport profile level, as it already is.

3) I do not know how but push back could be easier. (Ref: Better pushback Xplane-11)

Not sure why people keep saying Better Pushback it's "easier" or "better".

Easier to *learn* at first, maybe, because of the use of the mouse, which we have in GSX in P3D, but we don't in GSX for MSFS, because the MSFS SDK simply doesn't allow using the mouse over the actual 3D scenery, like XP or P3D, but after you know the keys, which are only a handful, and have a good way to move the Drone Camera (for example with an Xbox pad), you can pre-plan a Pushback with GSX faster than another other tool. Of course, should mouse support in the SDK would ever arrive, we'll obviously use it, like we do in P3D.

But that's really besides the point. The point is pre-planning in GSX is the exception rather than the norm, because most of the time GSX is able to automatically pushback correctly, because it reads the actual airport data and it's smart enough to figure out where you are likely to be, depending if you start from Left or Right.

And, not only the last pre-planned Pushback on a certain gate is always automatically saved, there are extensive customization features not found anywhere else that allow you to have an unlimited number of Pushback slots for each gate, with the ability to give them friendly names ( even automatically ), copy/paste between slots, convert Quick Edit slots into custom Slots, etc.

GSX has always focused on profile creators, so users can just download a profile and use it, and creators can go as deep as they want with all these options.

4) Maybe male cabin attendant could be considerable.

We are planning a complete revamp of the whole cabin crew in the near future.

5) When is the lavatory and the other additional service will be available?

When we consider the core features to be completely stable. Using the SU10 Navdata API is a big first step, the next one will be the ones already listed in the Sticky "Roadmap" thread, then we can start adding new features.

6) Some airports have specific place to de-icing. De icing must be callable in specific place of the airport.

This has been discussed and answered many times and yes, we are obviously aware is an highly desired feature, but it needs to be planned with care, because it will need all the auxiliary support for custom profile creation, since it's obviously highly dependent on airports, and remote deicing is made in different ways, not even necessarily with vehicles but also with infrared inside hangars.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 12:01:53 pm by virtuali »

hknshn

Re: Would you like to consider these for the next update ! (MSFS 2020)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 08:12:21 pm »
Thanks a lot for the info.

Best regards,

Hakan

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:22:52 pm by hknshn »