Author Topic: Menu Hangs / Spins  (Read 3009 times)

cchiozza

Menu Hangs / Spins
« on: October 18, 2022, 05:12:31 pm »
When bringing up the menu it opens and starts to spin "loading" and I cannot continue. I try restarting Couatl but does not seem to help. This seems to happen after 10-15 mins loading the plane etc.

LeRenard

Re: Menu Hangs / Spins
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 01:26:14 am »
Hi,
Same here, only when SU10 API  enabled. No way for Jetstream LFPO or Justsim EBBR and some others addons. they're in community folder. Also with some default ap (official). but it's erratic.
An audio msg says "Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available" or a text "There are no parkings at this position"
SU10 API deactivated, they are read, cached and ok.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 08:39:47 am »
When bringing up the menu it opens and starts to spin "loading" and I cannot continue. I try restarting Couatl but does not seem to help. This seems to happen after 10-15 mins loading the plane etc.

Please provide complete data about:

- the airplane used

- the airport used

- the gate used

- if it's default or 3rd party

- if it's default or 3rd party, if you have Disabled it from GSX Jetway replacement from the GSX Config panel, as you should always do in these cases.

- If it's bought on the Marketplace.

- if it's bought on the Marketplace, if have the SU10 Navdata API enabled in the GSX Config panel

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:42:35 am by virtuali »

LeRenard

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 11:51:44 am »
Hi Umberto
I see there is a post for the same issue at EBBR, but this one is more generic.
Today i am testing two apts, LFMN (Asobo, official) and LFPO (JetStream, community) and Asobo/MS A320 Neo
1 - Start the sim and go to LFPO ==>  KO
2 - Main menu and go to LFMN ==> KO
3 - Sim restart and go to LFMN ==> OK (?)
4 - Main menu and go to LFPO ==> KO

Attached zip contains files in this order.

Simconnect used by SpadNext, Aivlasoft, FSUIPC.

Katschek

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 01:02:20 pm »
- PMDG 737-700
- Orbx ESGG Gothenburg
- Gate 17
- 3rd Party Orbx
- GSX Jetways are disabled
- Its bought via the Marketplace
- SU10 NAVDATA API is enabled

Used Profile: https://de.flightsim.to/file/38552/gsx-profile-orbx-esgg-gteborg-landvetter

same Problem at EDDL and EDDH.
On my first start I had a strange situation. In MSFS I loaded a flight plan via Simbrief. Normally these plans start at a runway and end at a landing runway, including SIDS and Stars. On my first take off SIDS and STARS were not loaded and my flight started in the air at 15ft and ended in the air at 15ft. It looked like MSFS did not recognise the airport at all except for the parking positions.

Katschek

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 01:08:26 pm »
Oh, and I think I need to mention that the profile I used for ESGG was new. I never really tried it out before. However, I have been using all the other profiles for a while, and had no problems until I activated the API.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 01:37:00 pm »
Attached zip contains files in this order.

Please don't post the .ERR files, because they don't contain everything. Enable logging and post the LOG files instead.

LeRenard

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 01:29:30 am »
MSFS/GSX seems very capricious when GSX SU10 API is enabled.
All addons in the community folder, native Aso Ms in the Official folder.

JetStream LFPO never works. I don't know what is the VOLC2 airport in the log file.
Justsim EBBR never works, EBMB airport in the log file.
Orbx KBSA was out. After a sim restart, it's ok.
Asobo MS LFPG is KO, with a VOLC3 airport in the log file. If i remember, it was ok when i tried sooner, but i m not sure.

Timmamanu

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 09:07:25 am »
Gaffer simulations FOR and FAKE. Menu doesn't load . Pmdg737-8

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 12:28:34 pm »
MSFS/GSX seems very capricious when GSX SU10 API is enabled.

It seems all your problems are caused by those fake airports inside the airport perimeter, which are discussed at Page 60 of the Manual, and as also discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28166.msg184357.html#msg184357

LeRenard

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2022, 04:54:38 pm »
Thank you Umberto, it works for EBBR.
It did not for LFPO (VOCL2, airport_visibility_volc2 = 0) nor LFPG (VOCL3, airport_visibility_volc3 = 0).
I've fixed it with a 'more generic' 4 letters iacao code VOLC and voila.

mpo910

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2022, 05:41:30 pm »
How are we able to identify those "fake Airports" to make GSX PRO usable with NAVDATA Su10 Option enabled? I mean, is there a way to identify them? Because now, I am firing up the sim, start a flight and then see....something is not working. Leave the sim, close the sim, search and have issues to find the cause.

Thats not really useable for me.

I have unticked that option now, because I donĀ“t like to "wait and see" if an airport works or not (because some issues with those "fake airports" like mentioned above.

Any Help is much appreciated.

PS: Today navigraph is down 2x. Can this lead to GSX not finding the AFCAD? If yes, another failure cause wich makes troubleshooting complex.

Regards
Marcus

LeRenard

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:28 pm »
To find fake airports, you have to activate the log file. https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html
This file is regenerated at flight start and can be read without quitting the flight nor the sim.
A first part reports and log system init and normally does not change (except time stamp), and then the flight init log, and so, the afcad detected via the SU10 API.
If this afcad is wrong (so fake), edit the  Couatladdons.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder as Umberto explains it in the previous post about EBBR and its fake EBMB. https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28166.msg184357.html#msg184357

This can be edit and save without quitting the sim, and even quitting the flight. But you MUST restart Couatl to take account the mod. And GSX menu will be OK immediatly.

Good luck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 11:27:28 am »
How are we able to identify those "fake Airports" to make GSX PRO usable with NAVDATA Su10 Option enabled? I mean, is there a way to identify them? Because now, I am firing up the sim, start a flight and then see....something is not working. Leave the sim, close the sim, search and have issues to find the cause.

That's why:

- We have a log file you can enable, which will tell you the airport GSX loaded, usually in the last line of the log.

- We designed the Couatl engine for MSFS to be restarted on the fly at any time, either from the GSX menu itself, or from the Couatl icon in the taskbar notification area.

In any case, before the final release of the SU10 Navdata update, we'll have some extra logic that will help GSX to automatically identify and filter out fake ICAO airports, ignoring airports that don't have at least one parking, a runway and a taxiway, which should at least fix fake helipads, seaplane bases, etc.

mpo910

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 01:50:33 pm »
Thanks for your replies! Regards Marcus