Author Topic: GSX menu won’t load, Coutal is running  (Read 2766 times)

HamBen737

Re: GSX menu won’t load, Coutal is running
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 10:59:07 am »
Saitek flight yoke and pedals.

shez

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 02:52:52 pm »
I did post elsewhere of my problem but this topic I think is more relevant to what I am facing. The GSX icon is there, menu opens and tries to load and does nothing and shuts down. Attached is my file.

HamBen737

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 01:22:24 am »
So what should I do, it currently is not usable? It only starting happening after the last update, can I roll back the update? I’ve noticed others have a similar error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2022, 10:00:51 am »
So what should I do, it currently is not usable? It only starting happening after the last update, can I roll back the update? I’ve noticed others have a similar error.

It's difficult to say which update you are referring to, since we already had 3 updates after your first post, and we don't know what you had before.

However, we have been discussing internally about your log, which shows the menu being opened and closed with a choice code of -3, which GSX uses as an emergency code to exit from a "stuck" menu.

Basically, that code is used to signal a new menu was open when a previous one was still active so, in order not to cause a stuck menu, the code detects this situations and "kills" the duplicate menu, reporting an exit code of -3 to signal the problem.

I tried reproducing the problem, and I CAN force a -3 to appear, but only if I push the GSX assigned hotkey VERY quickly continuously, sometimes I see a -3 in the log, but I really need to be very fast to be able to see it.

However, as soon as I slow down to a reasonable pace, the menu goes back to working normally, meaning it opens and closes regularly with a -1 choice, which means you opened the menu and closed it without choosing anything.

So, it really seems that, for some reason, the hotkey you assigned to GSX is being continuously sent by something else, most likely some kind of joystick, but possibly a software, maybe even not related to flight simulation. Have you tried to assign a different hotkey to GSX ?

shez

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 01:52:02 pm »
Mine got fixed when I uninstalled to scratch. Deleted the folders in the appdata. Reinstalled. I think the main problem was I created a link via addon linker and maybe created the directory in two areas. I then deleted the directory in my addon directory and all is good.