Author Topic: Error message when trying to start the Couatl....  (Read 1244 times)

Flying Grandpa

Error message when trying to start the Couatl....
« on: October 18, 2022, 04:52:01 pm »
Hi,
when I try to start the couatl scripting engine i always receive this Error message. What is to do? I reinstalled GSX Pro for several times, but without success. Thank you cery much.
Regards

« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 04:57:16 pm by Flying Grandpa »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message when trying to start the Couatl....
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 09:17:08 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, the error message seems to indicate you are missing a Windows system library that should always be present in a full updated Windows, the VC++ Redistributable runtimes. Maybe they have been installed, but their might not be updated or the installation is corrupted.

This was covered at Page 70 of the GSX manual, the "Windows System libraries" paragraph of the Troubleshooting chapter, which contained a link to download them, which I'll copy here:

https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Also, be sure your Windows is full updated.

Flying Grandpa

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 04:54:45 pm »
That´s it. Thank you very much.
Greetings

chrisdanker

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 11:58:34 pm »
Umberto,

I downloaded the file  as  described but I am  still getting the Coualt scripting engine message error message when I start up the coualt manually. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 10:08:19 am »
I downloaded the file  as  described but I am  still getting the Coualt scripting engine message error message when I start up the coualt manually. 

It's not very clear if with "downloaded the file as described", you mean the file linked on my previous post, which is the MS VC++ Redistributable Runtime, which caused an error message completely different than yours ( see the screenshot of the OP ), and of course it doesn't apply at all to your case.

Your problem seems to be you have created an Couatl_MSFS.INI file for diagnostic reasons, that instead of containing the correct line:

logFile=couatl.log

seems to contain THE LOG ITSELF, as if you took a log file and copied it over the Couatl_MSFS.INI file, this is shown in your error message, which says it found a line that is normally contained in a LOG, but for some reason is found in the .INI, something that can only happen if you copied over the log over the ini.

Removing the Couatl_MSFS.INI file will surely fix this message.

chrisdanker

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 01:06:19 pm »
Umberto,

Sorry if I posted in this post with a different issue. Thought it was a similar problem.

I have deleted the .ini file as you mentioned and that has fixed the problem. Thanks for that