Author Topic: Jetways are not being replaced  (Read 3784 times)

Fungible

Jetways are not being replaced
« on: October 18, 2022, 02:56:35 am »
Hello,

I have been trying for the past week to get the jetway replacement to work at any airport, default or custom, with no success. I have tried updating, updating from offline installer, re-ordering using the package reorder tool, deleting the Content.xml, re-installing GSX and then re-installing GSX while also deleting the Package Cache.

Is there anything left to try?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways are not being replaced
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 08:16:47 am »
Jetway replacement should NOT be enabled for 3rd party airports so, any further discussion applies only to default airports.

Since SU10, the content.xml file doesn't control reordering of sceneries and should not be edited by hand, you must use the package re-order tool.

However, this is not even required, since the Package reorder tool works ONLY on the packages in the Community folder, this is basically a bug or, more precisely, a confusing feature of the tool since, regardless how you reorder, packages will always be loaded starting with the "Official" folder, then the "Community" and, within the Community folder, according the order set with the package reorder tool, otherwise it's alphabetical, if the tool is not used.

This means, since GSX replacement Jetway files are ONLY meant to be used to replace default jetways at default airports, which are all located in the Official folder, considering the GSX packages are located in the Community folder, they will always loaded after everything in the Official folder.

HOWEVER, if you have ANOTHER product in the Community that is also redefining airports, THAT one might getting an higher priority over the GSX jetway package, so you need to use the reordering tool to have the GSX package loaded last.

Fungible

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 05:55:47 pm »
Unfortunately I have already tried this. I should have been more specific, but I already moved the GSX entry to the bottom of the load order list. There was no difference. Just in case I also moved it to the top, with no effect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 09:12:33 am »
Are you aware that every change would only be visible after a restart ?

Fungible

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 02:43:28 pm »
Yes, I’ve been restarting my game after each re-order with the package tool.

qf1991

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 08:33:50 pm »
I have the same issue. And have had so for some time, I was hoping that it was a bug issue but still same issue for a month now

I have removed all items from the community folder (except for fsdreamteam-gsx-pro and fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways), restarted the PC and FS2020 but still the same issue, default jetways remain. See attached image of LFPG.

Have dowloaded latest version from FSDT installer as well. And no airports, such as LFPG have been set to 'exclude' in GSX settings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 12:26:09 pm »
See attached image of LFPG.

Please clarify, is this happening only at LFPG, or on any default airport ?

qf1991

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 01:36:46 pm »
It is all default airports. I have taken some sample images from KLAX, PHNL, KJFK, KDFW and EDDL

mpo910

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 01:53:40 pm »
I can confirm, that also in my case Jetways at default airports are not being replaced. Also EDDF (Is it Default? -> Is at least a MSFS Premium Airport) I can´t replace them either.

I have checked and unchecked the new navdata api, this doesn´t help eithter.

Marcus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 02:04:05 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate any of these issues. Jetway replacement works fine here so, please, read my previous post about the possible causes.

Usage of the Navdata API doesn't have anything to do with this, jetways are not replaced by the GSX code, but by the mere existence of the hundreds of Jetway replacement .BGLs in the gsx jetways package in the Community folder, you configure GSX to *Prevent* jetway replacement at selected airports but, if they .BGL are there, the only possible reason for not seeing the replacement jetways are:

- You Disabled that ICAO from Jetway replacement in the GSX Config panel

- ANOTHER add-on is also replacing something in the airport, and has got an higher priority than the gsx jetway replacement package

- The fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway package is not linked to the Community folder. But if this was the case, nothing will basically work in GSX, not just jetways, because lots of vehicles are also in that package.

qf1991

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 02:12:25 pm »
here is screenshot of my exclusions, none of the examples I provided has been set to disable
I have taken all items out of my community folder except for the 2 GSX folders.
Updated installer again today and restarted PC
But the issue still persists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 02:19:29 pm »
Updated installer again today and restarted PC But the issue still persists.

If the problem is not caused by GSX but another add-on getting higher priority, it's normal it won't be fixed by updating GSX.

As I've said, nothing in the GSX own code controls jetways replacement: the mere existence of the Jetway replacement .BGL for a particular ICAO in the gsx jetways package in the Community folder will cause jetway replacement, assuming no other add-ons that also replaced something at that airport would eventually get an higher priority over the gsx jetway package.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2022, 02:37:40 pm »
It is all default airports. I have taken some sample images from KLAX, PHNL, KJFK, KDFW and EDDL

Here's how they looks like.

Fungible

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 06:52:44 pm »
Here is a test I did at Billings Logan airport, a scenery I have never modified, never downloaded a scenery for, and never disabled the jetway for. I made sure there were no addons that could theoretically replace or otherwise change jetways in default airports or any addons in relation to the area in or around Billings. And I made sure that GSX jetways was at the very bottom of the load order list, while also restarting the sim after making sure it was at the bottom. Still nothing.