Author Topic: VR reopening menu pause on 4090  (Read 1470 times)

AndyCYXU

VR reopening menu pause on 4090
« on: October 18, 2022, 01:19:27 am »
Not sure if anyone maybe has a new 4090, i just got it and now when I use the KeyBind to unhide the menu that keeps on hiding I get a 0.5-1 second or so pause (one big stutter in a way) while the menu is being brought back to view.

which is pretty much what other menus cause for example opening navigraph will cause a momentary pause as it loads, but then since it doesnt hide on you and you never need to close it again for the rest of the flight it is a non issue..

unlike GSX which needs to be reopen (UNHIDDEN) I would say at lest 4+ times at departure, then another 4+ times on arrival.. depends how many services you want to use of course.

Yet another reason for this to be changed, imagine you had to re-open "unhide" ATC menu after every time you reply to ATC command, or the checklist menu after every time you click on "checked" or "next"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VR reopening menu pause on 4090
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 08:27:14 am »
Yet another reason for this to be changed, imagine you had to re-open "unhide" ATC menu after every time you reply to ATC command, or the checklist menu after every time you click on "checked" or "next"

And regardless how many times you repeat this, we DID "changed it" as you are suggesting, and we had to immediately revert the change, because we were swamped by complaints, ALL COMING FROM VR USERS that, the change from a "turned off" menu, to an "hidden" menu, broke VR so now, in VR mode only, the menu is turned off, not just hidden like it normally is in non-VR mode.

As I've said, so many times already, what you probably want it's a PINNED MENU, one that never closes, and that requires many changes to GSX that are not trivial, with reasons explained so many times.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 10:06:06 pm »

And regardless how many times you repeat this, we DID "changed it" as you are suggesting, and we had to immediately revert the change, because we were swamped by complaints, ALL COMING FROM VR USERS that, the change from a "turned off" menu, to an "hidden" menu, broke VR so now, in VR mode only, the menu is turned off, not just hidden like it normally is in non-VR mode.

As I've said, so many times already, what you probably want it's a PINNED MENU, one that never closes, and that requires many changes to GSX that are not trivial, with reasons explained so many times.

And regardless how many times you repeat this, YOU DID NOT DO what we the VR users were asking for and for that reason so did many non-vr users ask for it too, so stop saying that ! You came up with something else that had 100% nothing to do with what we've asked for ! NOTHING WHAT SO EVER !

Regardless this is not the point of this post ! The point of this post is why does using hot key to bring menu back on screen causes such a big long pause !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 08:57:14 am »
And regardless how many times you repeat this, YOU DID NOT DO what we the VR users were asking for and for that reason so did many non-vr users ask for it too, so stop saying that ! You came up with something else that had 100% nothing to do with what we've asked for ! NOTHING WHAT SO EVER !

Regardless this is not the point of this post ! The point of this post is why does using hot key to bring menu back on screen causes such a big long pause !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 09:10:42 am »

And regardless how many times YOU keep repeating that, the only thing we changed was exactly what ALL those users ( except you ) asked, and ALL of them confirmed the change FIXED what they initially reported as broken.

Because, as explained so many times, the ONE and ONLY change was:

- the X icon didn't really close the menu, it just hide it. THIS ( and only THIS ) was the thing all users, reported to have "broken VR" and THIS, and only THIS was the latest change, which ALL users reported to have "fixed VR": the X icon now really closes the toolbar icon instead of hiding it, but ONLY in VR. In standard mode, the menu is only hidden. That's the one and only change.

Your sentence "navigraph will cause a momentary pause as it loads, but then since it doesnt hide on you and you never need to close it again for the rest of the flight" clearly confirm you keep confusing the way the menu works now ( always disappearing, regardless of the method used, hidden or turned off ), with the eventual availability of a PINNED MENU FEATURE!

Which as explained so many times already and as clearly indicated in the Sticky "Roadmap" thread, IT IS PLANNED for VR, but I already explained countless of times why is not a quick fix.

Of course is the point of this post.

The hotkey results in a pause, because each time the menu reopens on screen, there are many things going on, from communicating between the menu and the rest of the program code ( due to the lack of proper integration between the JS/HTML framework and Simconnect that requires several workarounds that reduce speed ), but also Simbrief is checked when the toolbar gets active so no, a pause of JUST 0-5-1 seconds is really not much all considering.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 08:00:14 am »

Majority of people especially those playing VR want the menu to not disappear there are many post that ask about it not just me! You call it whatever you want. You told me many times that menu has to disappear that's how it is made so I don't ask about it anymore, I just point to nuisance that it is !

You fix it or don't whatever I don't care anymore.

...as to question at hand ok so it is normal it will cause the pause, fine, probably redesign if ever where it can stay open always will avoid that but whatever or at least cause only 1 pause not 4+ every time you need to get in there to request some service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 12:16:11 pm »
Majority of people especially those playing VR want the menu to not disappear there are many post that ask about it not just me! You call it whatever you want. You told me many times that menu has to disappear that's how it is made so I don't ask about it anymore, I just point to nuisance that it is !

Which part of the sentence:

"as clearly indicated in the Sticky "Roadmap" thread, IT IS PLANNED for VR, but I already explained countless of times why is not a quick fix"

Is still not clear to you ?