Author Topic: OPEN DOORS AIRBUS A320 ASOBO  (Read 1794 times)

Donato

OPEN DOORS AIRBUS A320 ASOBO
« on: October 16, 2022, 04:32:02 pm »
Is it possible to open all the doors of Airbus A320? Otherwise Catering Service does not work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OPEN DOORS AIRBUS A320 ASOBO
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 02:30:52 pm »
Is it possible to open all the doors of Airbus A320?

It's not obviously possible to open a door that doesn't exists in the airplane.

Otherwise Catering Service does not work!

That's not the case. Since the front catering door in the Asobo A320 doesn't exist, the default configuration that comes with GSX is to have the door defined in its position, but with the same code as the rear door, meaning the catering service won't be stopped waiting for the non-existing door to open, since opening the rear one will let GSX assume both are opened.

Of course, since the door is not animated, you'll see the catering crew pass through it. If you don't like that, just remove the front door using the GSX airplane configuration page.

In both cases, the catering service won't be stopped.

Donato

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 04:46:14 pm »
Va bene. Grazie.

Flightdoc

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 06:11:56 am »
Sounds good can someone tell me how to open the rear door on the Asobo A320?
Flightdoc

Flightdoc

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 06:53:20 pm »
I found the workaround - creating an aircraft definition in GSX so that it does not check the door status. I assume this is the only way to work with the default A320. Back to Flybywire~
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 11:43:33 am »
Sounds good can someone tell me how to open the rear door on the Asobo A320?

Have you read my previous posts ? GSX cannot open a door that hasn't been modeled as animated! Nothing can.

I found the workaround - creating an aircraft definition in GSX so that it does not check the door status. I assume this is the only way to work with the default A320

Not required, as I already posted in one of my previous replies:

Since the front catering door in the Asobo A320 doesn't exist, the default configuration that comes with GSX is to have the door defined in its position, but with the same code as the rear door, meaning the catering service won't be stopped waiting for the non-existing door to open, since opening the rear one will let GSX assume both are opened.

Of course, since the door is not animated, you'll see the catering crew pass through it. If you don't like that, just remove the front door using the GSX airplane configuration page.