Author Topic: GSX thinks I'm not in a parking spot when starting a flight  (Read 1188 times)

molleh

GSX thinks I'm not in a parking spot when starting a flight
« on: October 11, 2022, 01:47:02 am »
This seems specific to SimWings PANC scenery, which should not be encrypted (purchased through Contrail) and the couatl.log shows that the PANC files were processed, save for the 3d objects BGL which was too big (and I assume irrelevant anyway.) When I spawn in the sim at one of the cargo ramp positions, GSX indicates that it does not "see" me at a parking spot and prompts me to select one. The spot I chose to spawn in says "available soon"; I can warp there anyway and my aircraft gets nudged about 8 feet and then I can use GSX services.

I tried deleting the files in C:\ProgramData\virtuali to rebuild the airport cache and tried again, but no dice. Also, I have all of the jetways BGLs disabled.

Thanks for any help you can provide!  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX thinks I'm not in a parking spot when starting a flight
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 10:57:52 am »
The GSX customization page will show the name of the .BGL read by GSX, which might give an idea of the issue.

If the default airport has been read, it's very likely parking positions won't match, so you need to figure out why the correct airport file hasn't been read, which should be indicated in the log, most likely case is the airport file is also larger than the maximum threshold to consider a scenery too big, which now defaults to 20MB.

molleh

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 04:36:36 pm »
The log does show the bgl being read successfully (simwingspancbgl.bgl) and that's the bgl that's shown when opening the parking customization tool, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 05:05:07 pm »
The log does show the bgl being read successfully (simwingspancbgl.bgl) and that's the bgl that's shown when opening the parking customization tool, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Have you made the GSX profile yourself, or downloaded it ?

molleh

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 03:10:08 am »
Neither, I'm just using GSX's automatically generated features for now. It works just fine at the other airports (default or 3rd party) that I've tried so far, including cargo ramp positions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 10:06:25 am »
Does it work if you use the GSX menu to Warp on a parking ?

molleh

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 11:09:53 pm »
Does it work if you use the GSX menu to Warp on a parking ?

Yeah, as I mentioned in the original post, if I warp to the same spot I spawned it, it warned about the parking spot not being available, but I force it and it warps my aircraft - about 3 feet from where it was sitting.