Author Topic: Aerosoft EDLP - strange passenger behavior  (Read 855 times)

WernerAir

Aerosoft EDLP - strange passenger behavior
« on: October 14, 2022, 05:42:55 pm »
Hi there,
I have observed strange behavior of the passengers during boarding and deboarding at EDLP. I use the freeware scenery supplied by Aerosoft through their Aerosoft One app - it installed in the community folder and the log in the attachment shows that the AFCAD file is read correctly. Additionally, I use a GSX customization file I got from flightsim.to, but which I also modified a bit, which I also supply in the ZIP attachment.

As can be seen in the screenshots, when boarding passengers at gate 7 (the only walk-in gate), passengers seem to rise out of the ground like zombies. On some of the screenshots it can be seen that passengers are originally spawned in the first floor of the building, and interestingly some passengers drop from there to the ground and do not rise out of it. All in all, I can't make heads or tails of this, so it would be great if you could look at it.

I have also observed that when using the gates with jetway (4-6), passengers seem to walk somewhere in the air outside building or jetway before they return and then go through the jetway to the airplane. This kept happening even after I removed the custom waypoints (for gate 6), so you may want to look at this, too. I'd be interested to know if you can reproduce this behavior.

I have observed (but not documented) the same kind of strange PAX-behavior at other airports as well (like EKVG and ENGM from flightsim.to), so there seem to exist combinations of airport data and customization that produce this. It doesn't alway happen - at other airports the animations seem to work as expected, so it would be great to understand this a bit better.