Author Topic: Reinstalled Older Version  (Read 687 times)

Mithras

Reinstalled Older Version
« on: October 14, 2022, 03:41:10 pm »
Like others, I’ve had big problems with the new update, it vanished from the menu, my reinstall didn’t work, I bought GSX again, that didn’t work either with my mapped key ingnored, duplicate GSX entries and complete software crash during pushback.

I have kept my original purchase file, and all the updates of GSX and had installed them in order as I had received them from Viruali, It didn’t work and it asked for an updated AddOn Manager. That only caused more problems.

And so I deleted everything and simply installed the last big update I possess from December 2016. It works perfectly in every way, though I do miss some of those national accents!

So, rolling back is doable … but I had to roll back further than I would have liked.

quentcor

Re: Reinstalled Older Version
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 05:18:36 pm »
Mithras, I suspected this was possible, but how did you handle the auto update which follows the installation? Is there a way to turn the auto update off?

Mithras

Re: Reinstalled Older Version
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 06:27:33 pm »
There was no auto update, the GSX exe installed Add-On Manager and then Couatl and GSX, and then said it was Done.