Author Topic: Passenger Estimation not the best  (Read 1389 times)

RogePete

Passenger Estimation not the best
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:42:37 am »
Hi there,

since the passenger estimation (according to the payload) is pretty bad (at least with the 737-800) I would suggest to implement a popup to give GSX the exact number of passengers (like it is done for other sims, I believe).

Best wishes

Johan217

Re: Passenger Estimation not the best
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:55:01 am »
What are the weights (passenger + luggage) GSX uses to calculate this when there is no Simbrief profile? Might be handy to know since MSFS default aicraft loadouts can be rather inconsistent.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 12:00:59 pm by Johan217 »

RogePete

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 11:59:19 am »
What are the weights (passenger + luggage) GSX uses to calculate this when there is no Simbrief profile? Might be handy to know.

From the manual:
GSX will estimate the number of passengers on board based on the weight of
all stations in the [weight_and_balance] section of the aircraft.cfg of the airplane
in use, divided by 220 lbs, an industry standard to calculate how much a single
passenger + luggage weights, in average.

Problem is, the aircraft.cfg of the PMDG isn't touched / stays the same all the time.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 12:02:12 pm by RogePete »

Johan217

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 12:01:34 pm »
Doh!   :-[
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 12:07:40 pm by Johan217 »

cchiozza

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 08:24:46 pm »
What about if you change the number of passengers in Simpilot and generate plan in simbrief? I have tried to reduce the passengers but it looks like it is ignored?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 10:59:48 am »
What about if you change the number of passengers in Simpilot and generate plan in simbrief? I have tried to reduce the passengers but it looks like it is ignored?

Assuming the Simbrief plan has been correctly loaded ( button shows OK, and it's green ), if you change and regenerate the flight plan while the sim is running, you need to click the SimBrief button in GSX to Reload it.

And, the passenger number won't change after Boarding/Deboarding has already been started.