Author Topic: It has been 2 months....  (Read 1654 times)

fnav77

It has been 2 months....
« on: October 13, 2022, 11:10:45 pm »
As the title says, it has been almost two months and GSX is still not working properly for P3D. You published this doomed update back in August (without obviously testing it) and since then, it has been a disaster. You are promising fixes, etc... but they are not coming, and you keep blaming users for "not getting it". GSX is still causing a lot and a lot of problems in the sim.

People have also suggested you make the old version (pre-August update) available, but that fell into deaf ears as well. Why? Only you know....

I know me complaining here is maybe not helping and might offend some, but this is now becoming ridiculous. People have to stand for what they believe is right or wrong. A lot of users are mega frustrated. You broke a perfectly working product (along with others things like your own sceneries....) and you are now unable to fix the various issues you created yourself. All this because you were in a rush to release GSX for MSFS (we know why).

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, thinking..."yeah, this will be fixed, no worries" but I now consider you let us down.
If I was working like you are in my line of work, I would have been fired a 1000 times..... ::)

Well.... Enough is enough.... I for sure will never buy a FSDT product again.

airlinenicholas

Re: It has been 2 months....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 01:19:05 am »
I am on board with you I have issues as well and tried blaming on fsx as it was NOT fsx!!!
Nicholas Delvecchio

LukeK

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 01:47:28 am »
As the title says, it has been almost two months and GSX is still not working properly for P3D.

It works fine for me in P3D. Perhaps you can rant less and explain the specific issue you're having?

If I was working like you are in my line of work, I would have been fired a 1000 times.....

Yes Karen.

jonahbird

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 06:55:46 am »
I am a mild mannered reader who has not submitted a comment in this forum for a long time, but I am afraid I must contribute to agree.

Having used GSX for many years with great satisfaction, I regret I have now (quietly) given up.

I use P3D5 with a B737, and that now notorious update has completely wrecked GSX which had been working perfectly. In addition to ground staff doing odd things, when pushback starts the aircraft shakes and a switch to outside view shows that the wheels have sunk into the ground.  When pushback has finished it rises back to the ground surface again and normality is restored.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 09:44:16 am »
And HOW we are even supposed to START doing a supposed "fix", when you read such completely opposite kind of comments ?

You published this doomed update back in August (without obviously testing it) and since then, it has been a disaster. You are promising fixes, etc... but they are not coming, and you keep blaming users for "not getting it". GSX is still causing a lot and a lot of problems in the sim.

It works fine for me in P3D. Perhaps you can rant less and explain the specific issue you're having?

So, where to start "fixing" things ?

All this because you were in a rush to release GSX for MSFS (we know why).

That's no secret. If we didn't release the MSFS version, we would have going bankrupted, because nobody is buying anything for FSX/P3D so, the only alternative would have been making a PAID UPDATE for FSX/P3D, to stay in business a bit longer.

Instead, we chose to continue the route of giving FREE UPDATES for GSX to existing users, and trying to keep as much of the code to be shared between the supported simulators. And I'm sorry, but this is the only way forward, because relying on another PAID update for FSX/P3D would have only delayed the inevitable, that is closing the company for lack of sales from FSX/P3D, since there are almost no users left buying stuff. There isn't a single developer out there that said anything different, it's just the reality of the situation.

Is THAT simple.

So, instead of that useless rant, it would be way more useful if you made a DETAILED list of *everything* that doesn't work for you.

And with "DETAILED", I mean DETAILED, that is providing PRECISE, ACCURATE, REPRODUCTION STEPS, possibly using either default or FSDT airports
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:46:28 am by virtuali »

srcooke

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 10:32:54 am »
P3Dv5

Jetways floating or buried, generally on arrival http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27259.msg179426.html#msg179426. Previously only occured with Simwings scenery as posted in May 2020 as per http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23542.0.html

Towbar now connects by itself, previously done by wingwalker.

Aircraft drop when pushback towbar in use.

Wingwalker morphs from towbarless truck to aircraft nose on pushback request.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

Devonquicks

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 11:15:13 am »
Hi I have read all the information passed on by many users who are experiencing difficulties from the new update. I also note the reluctance of the development team to acknowledge that there are serious  problems with the product. Instead we are asked to put the problem right or document the failures which have been pointed out since day one. we are also told that it is not a viable proposition to continue to service FSX/PD3 without further payment. If this is so, give us the opportunity to revert to the pre August copy which worked well and the development team continue with servicing the newer versions of flight sims. I am an 80 year old who enjoys flight sims as a hobby and has done for the past 30 years, embracing new technologies that have been produced. It it very easy to dismiss complaints with veiled hits of bankruptcy, man up and make a decision that is amenable to all parties. It easy for people to take offence at posts but I hope this is a balanced argument, not liked by some but that is life. Yours Michael in the UK
MRQ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 11:20:35 am »
P3Dv5

Jetways floating or buried, generally on arrival

Towbar now connects by itself, previously done by wingwalker.

Aircraft drop when pushback towbar in use.

Wingwalker morphs from towbarless truck to aircraft nose on pushback request.

We are aware of all of these, and all of these will be looked at.

srcooke

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 11:35:10 am »

We are aware of all of these, and all of these will be looked at.

Ok Umberto, the acknowledgment is appreciated.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

sticky1202

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 01:51:05 pm »
Just an observation here, but the reason there is no sales for P3D items is because us P3D users (at least me) have bought ALL of your products...there is nothing else to buy.

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 02:21:26 pm »
Just an observation here, but the reason there is no sales for P3D items is because us P3D users (at least me) have bought ALL of your products...there is nothing else to buy.

That makes precisely my point:

If we saturated the FSX/P3D market, which is now even easier then ever to saturate, since it's way smaller than it used to be, we only have the following alternatives:

1) Making a new paid update for GSX in P3D. Spending time working on it, possibly delaying the MSFS version. And going bankrupt in the meantime.

And for HOW MUCH that version would live, in a market that has shrunk like 10 times, with the first decline beginning IMMEDIATELY after MSFS was ANNOUNCED and the last FINAL, drastic and dramatic collapse after IMMEDIATELY after Leonardo, PMDG and Fenix all came out in the same month ?

2) Release the MSFS version to continue to be sustainable as a company, and trying to keep a common codebase for P3D, which can be maintained because it's inheriting the work on code that would have to be made for MSFS anyway.

Clearly, there's really no other choice than #2.

And, before somebody asks why we haven't provided with a older installer, it's simply because just the effort to reconstruct the complete situation of all files which were publicly available in August to create a new Offline installer, will likely take more time and effort to fix the remaining issues to the current, proper, version.

And, each minute spent here discussing on the forum, it's a minute taken away to finding those issues so, please, let's focus on *actual* bug reports.

jonahbird

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2022, 07:17:39 am »
I agree with Devonquicks, and I am 89 with a similar 30 years experience.
Umberto - Please let us P3D5 users have the pre August version back.
Incidentally I can and would pay.
Frank Jones

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2022, 09:22:50 am »
As I've said:

Before somebody asks why we haven't provided with a older installer, it's simply because just the effort to reconstruct the complete situation of all files which were publicly available in August to create a new Offline installer, will likely take more time and effort to fix the remaining issues to the current, proper, version.

jonahbird

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2022, 10:43:21 am »
Umberto - I understand.
That does mean goodbye then.
Thank you for the years that I have enjoyed  GSX.
I will now use the pushback service available in my SimAvionics B737, which I use on my Jetmax.  The latter is also now out of production, but continues to be supported by its producers.
Best regards
Frank Jones

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2022, 03:48:33 pm »
Goodbye FSDreamteam GSX and L2 Expansion; I'm not gonna use them both anymore, unless you bring us the Pre-MSFS release update - aka the August 2022 update which was released before GSX Pro for MSFS was released on 17-18th August.
TheCaptain3618