Author Topic: Strange red circle on the cockpit  (Read 1436 times)

casv

Strange red circle on the cockpit
« on: October 12, 2022, 02:08:09 pm »
Hi,
No idea what is happening on my copy of GSX Pro and PMDG 737-700. Once I am loading a panel state in the CDU the cockpit suddenly adds a red colorized cicle on the cockpit. Looks like that the GSX menu is put on the cockpit. No idea. Tried to find another similar thread but nothing so far. Anyone can help me to find out the culprit of this?
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange red circle on the cockpit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 03:52:27 pm »
Once I am loading a panel state in the CDU the cockpit suddenly adds a red colorized cicle on the cockpit.

Could you please clarify where's this red circle ? You mean that reddish coloration that looks like a dynamic light ?

That seems like an internal VC light, not sure how this could be related to GSX, considering you said it starts when you load a Panel state from the CDU, surely GSX is not controlled by PMDG CDU panel states.

casv

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 04:44:55 pm »
It is difficult to explain this but the best way is to have MSFS with PMDG 737-700 (I do not have other PMDG model that this one), and at night parked in any airport. GSX Pro is loaded into MSFS (with its menu, by pressing on the Ctrl-Shift-F12). If I want to load another panel state then suddenly I get this reddish dynamic light, no idea where it is from. But if I use the track-hat button to look on any way the red circle/spot is following on the same place. Looks like the same animation from the GSX Menu circle. Maybe graphic drivers? Actually no idea. Perhaps you can try too if you have this aircraft too?

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 08:14:37 pm »
Isn't that the torch?

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 08:20:30 pm »
Flashlight tuned on?

casv

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 08:31:08 pm »
Flashlight tuned on?

Perhaps this! How to turn off the flashlight?

casv

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 08:59:42 pm »
Flashlight tuned on?

Perhaps this! How to turn off the flashlight?

Solved. Of some reason the flashlight is turned on when loading a panel. I could turn it off by pressing on Alt-L.
You always learn something new every day.  :)
Thank you for the clues!