Author Topic: What really bothers me is......  (Read 1754 times)

karlschen

What really bothers me is......
« on: October 11, 2022, 09:21:56 am »
Back to normal please!

It is not normal for the captain/FO and crew to board the aircraft separately. Then the entire crew gets on the plane together. Thus one should be able to call up the complete over the menu.

Likewise, passengers do not automatically board after the crew. Here, too, you should be able to call up the passengers separately via the menu.

Is that so difficult?
It's reality! Or?

Timmamanu

Re: What really bothers me is......
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 10:00:49 am »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 10:16:25 am »
I don't know what you are trying to say with "back to normal, please", as if this was a new issue or a new bug.

GSX always had pilots and crew boarding separately, and that's because initially it only allowed the AIRPLANE code in 3rd party airplanes to control this, since several 3rd party airplanes have separate entries for the pilots and crew, both controlling how many of them and if they should board/deboard or not.

Lots of users asked for the ability to DECIDE themselves if they want to Deboard the Crew, so we added it as a separate menu, allowing users for the maximum flexibility, that is choosing between "Nobody", "Crew", "Pilots", "Both".

Likewise, passengers do not automatically board after the crew. Here, too, you should be able to call up the passengers separately via the menu.

Since we already confirmed multiple times the Crew/Pilot selection question will be added to Boarding as well, by selecting "Boarding" and then "Nobody" to the Crew/Pilot selection question, you WILL effectively calling up Passengers "separately".

karlschen

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 12:21:17 pm »
"Since we already confirmed multiple times the Crew/Pilot selection question will be added to Boarding as well, by selecting "Boarding" and then "Nobody" to the Crew/Pilot selection question, you WILL effectively calling up Passengers "separately".

Is this broken with the next update? I can't find this selection in the menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 12:29:05 pm »
Is this broken with the next update? I can't find this selection in the menu?

As I've said:

the Crew/Pilot selection question will be added to Boarding as well

That means will be added in an update, it was never there so no, nothing is "broken" and there's nothing to fix, it's just a matter of adding the same question which is already there on Deboarding, to Boarding as well.

karlschen

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 02:18:28 pm »
OK, Thank you

jahurz

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 02:24:33 pm »
So its confirmed both flight attendants and pilots would deboard/board the aircraft together in the future?

Cause for now its always the cabin crew walking and then followed by the pilots after a certain waiting time for deboarding and for boarding the other way round. I do know some airline crew do this but at certain places this type of separation culture is discourage and they're encourage to walk together especially at a nightstop sector or change of aircraft.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 04:18:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 04:25:31 pm »
So its confirmed both flight attendants and pilots would deboard/board the aircraft together in the future?

Nowhere I said that, and this is a completely different thing.

What I said is you will be ASKED who will Board, just like you are being asked now who will Deboard, and that's it. That doesn't automatically mean they will board together, Pilots will board first, followed by the Crew.

I do know some airline crew do this but at certain places this type of separation culture is discourage and they're encourage to walk together especially at a nightstop sector or change of aircraft.

That really seems depending on airline or local customs, one cannot really say a way or the other is "wrong". We might change this, but it's not as easy as adding the extra question on Boarding.

karlschen

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 05:21:33 pm »
'What I said is that you will be asked who is going to board, just as you are now being asked who is going to disembark, and that's it. This does not automatically mean that they board together, pilots will board first, followed by the crew.'

What's the nonsense? The crew comes together with the crew bus and goes together into the plane !!!
That's what I meant by reality!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 05:46:06 pm »
What's the nonsense? The crew comes together with the crew bus and goes together into the plane !!! That's what I meant by reality!

Which part of the previous sentence ( not made by me ) you don't understand ?

I do know some airline crew do this but at certain places this type of separation culture is discourage

And which part of my reply is not entirely clear to you ?

We might change this, but it's not as easy as adding the extra question on Boarding.

I would be best if you stopped using that kind of derogatory tone/terms like "nonsense" or "broken", when suggesting a new feature or a change, especially like in this case, where there's nothing obviously or universally "wrong" in how GSX currently works.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 05:47:41 pm by virtuali »