Author Topic: Is there a way to select the pushback tug type ?  (Read 3826 times)

ACSoft

Is there a way to select the pushback tug type ?
« on: October 04, 2022, 02:01:08 pm »
Actually, I have a problem with the Fenix A320 and GSX pushback:

At the end of pushback, after you have set the parking brake on request of pushback crew, the brakes temperature start to grow and can reach sometime even over 1000 degrees !!! But at this point, you have simply never used the brake ! So, most probably, a major problem in the Fenix code managing brakes. Apparently, it is also an interference between GSX and Fenix code, because, it does not occur with all pushback system.

This problem seem to occur especially with the tug equipped with the yellow bar and not with the tug who enclose the wheel. I don't remember how I do that, but one time, I had this other tug, enclosing the wheel and didn't had the problem. This is why I ask if there is a way to change the tug type (even in some INI file) ?

This would be a nice overturn of the problem, While waiting that Fenix improve his brake code.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:00:12 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I there a way to select the pushback tug type ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 02:15:31 pm »
I guess this happens only with the towbar models, is because the gear is in contact with the ground and the code that simulates the brake temperature doesn't expect it would move because it was controlled externally, while the towbarless raises the gear, so it won't move during push.

The only way to exclude the towbar variants from the A320 is to edit their SIM.CFG files and change the weight constraints:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Pushback_M1A\sim.cfg
Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Pushback_TMX_150\sim.cfg
Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Pushback_Trepel_280\sim.cfg

They all contain a line with a "condition" command, like this one on the M1A, which is the smallest one:

condition = %(aircraftWeight)g < 90000

This is Lbs so, considering the A320 empty weight is 87000 lbs, if you change the line in ALL 3 files to be like this:

condition = %(aircraftWeight)g < 85000

You should never see the towbar tug on any A320, but of course on any other airplane heavier than that.

Note that, after doing those changes, you must remove the airport/model cache folder:

c:\ProgramData\virtuali\couatl\msfs

And of course, keep in mind those changes will be overwritten by running the FSDT Live Update.

ACSoft

Re: Is there a way to select the pushback tug type ?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 03:17:50 pm »
Thanks a lot for these tweak's tips !

I will try this and come back here to confirm if the tug type change really solved or not the problem (before I had only one accidental test !) !
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:00:37 pm by ACSoft »

ACSoft

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 04:54:14 pm »
Congratulations Umberto ! You, most probably, put the finger right on the problem.

I just made a full start procedure, from cold & Dark situation, using all services and the tug which lift the gear and I had no problem with brakes temperature !

I will transmit the URL of the thread to Fenix, via the Discord. Hopefully this will motivate them to correct the problem.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:07:55 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 10:11:41 am »
I will transmit the URL of the thread to Fenix, via the Discord. Hopefully this will motivate them to correct the problem.

It should be enough for them to read the L: variable ( it's in the manual ) to know when GSX is pushing, and disable all extra simulation of such system during that time.

FNX_Dave

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 12:06:52 pm »

It should be enough for them to read the L: variable ( it's in the manual ) to know when GSX is pushing, and disable all extra simulation of such system during that time.

We are working through the code on our side to ensure the aircraft is playing nicely with GSX, this issue is on us for not having the changes ready in time!

BobbyFuzzy

Re: I there a way to select the pushback tug type ?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 07:45:44 pm »
The only way to exclude the towbar variants from the A320 is to edit their SIM.CFG files and change the weight constraints:

Hey Umberto,

I tried this one and edited the weights so the larger tug would not show up with the A320 as it appears to clip into the hull sometimes.

In the 280 I changed the condition line to

Code: [Select]
condition = %(aircraftWeight)g >= 160000
And in the 150:

Code: [Select]
condition = %(aircraftWeight)g >= 90000 and %(aircraftWeight)g <= 160000
But I am still seeing the 280 show up on this aircraft, loading in cold and dark (so it should be easily under 160,000lbs). Am I missing something?

ACSoft

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 09:18:36 am »
Have-you deleted the cache, as instructed in Umberto instructions post ?

Note that, after doing those changes, you must remove the airport/model cache folder:
c:\ProgramData\virtuali\couatl\msfs

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 11:00:03 pm »
I did, yes.

ACSoft

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 09:49:30 am »
in this case, I don't understand what is the problem, assuming you really do all "to the letter". I can only say that in my case, it worked perfectly and now all my A320 are pushed with the large tug lifting the gear.