Author Topic: Why does baggage handling wait until pax are all the way done?  (Read 966 times)

mjl1966

Why does baggage handling wait until pax are all the way done?
« on: February 21, 2023, 01:12:06 am »
I don't think it used to be this way.  At one time, I think baggage handling occurred at the same time pax were loading/unloading.  Now, baggage handling will not start its sequence until all pax have been loaded/unloaded.

This makes GSX loading take too long and it's not realistic.  Baggage handling and pax loading are commonly done at the same time.  (And catering!)

What's up?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Why does baggage handling wait until pax are all the way done?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 07:29:16 am »
I've never had an issue with unloading happening at the same time as passenger de-boarding. As far as I know, if you have refueling happening on the right side of the airplane, the baggage loading won't start until that is completed, so the fuel truck and the baggage trucks don't go crashing into each other. This is also why catering doesn't happen at the same time as anything else.
Captain Kevin

mjl1966

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 01:48:52 am »
I fuel before I do anything else and wait until that's done, which is more or less a RW thing.  Then I start boarding.  Pax board... baggage routine does NOT start until after all pax are loaded.  Starting the several minutes it takes for the baggage to actually arrive. 

Are you saying that your guys are loading luggage into the aircraft at the same time pax are boarding?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 11:33:38 am »
It's always worked fine for me. I do have my profiles set up, so the refueling takes place on the left side, though.
Captain Kevin

jalbino59

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 02:59:56 am »
I fuel before I do anything else and wait until that's done, which is more or less a RW thing.  Then I start boarding.  Pax board... baggage routine does NOT start until after all pax are loaded.  Starting the several minutes it takes for the baggage to actually arrive. 

Are you saying that your guys are loading luggage into the aircraft at the same time pax are boarding?

I had this problem after a recent update. In GSX settings I changed the setting from dense to normal. that fixed this issue for me.