Author Topic: Stand Alone Add On Manager Manual  (Read 4702 times)

Andrew737

Stand Alone Add On Manager Manual
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
Hi

Can anyone please direct me to some sort of manual for the add on manager?

I would like to read the FSDT definition of what the sliders do - I have a rough idea but require clarification.

Thank you in advance

Andrew
Regards Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stand Alone Add On Manager Manual
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:04:16 pm »
The sliders are not Addon Manager sliders, but standard FSX tweaks, the Addon Manager only gives you an easier way to edit them, but they are exactly the same you would have manually set by hand-editing your FSX.CFG with notepad.

So, it's best if you search for each parameter, and will find many discussions and explanation what they do.

Andrew737

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »
Insert Quote
The sliders are not Addon Manager sliders, but standard FSX tweaks, the Addon Manager only gives you an easier way to edit them, but they are exactly the same you would have manually set by hand-editing your FSX.CFG with notepad.

So, it's best if you search for each parameter, and will find many discussions and explanation what they do.

Umberto UNDERSTOOD and thanks for the reply its appreciated. I would however really really appreciate YOUR explanation of these 'tweaks'  :)

Regards

Andrew
Regards Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:37 am »
It's much better you search with google for every parameter name, and read the experts opinions about them ( best source of information would be former MS product manager Phil Taylor blog ).

As I've said, the Addon Manager it's just an interface to set those parameters: we don't have an official stance on them, and the "default settings" button will just revert to what FSX defaults to, it's not a "FSDT suggested/optimized" setting.

Andrew737

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »
Umberto

Thanks for the lead mate, I will search Phil Taylor's blogs  :)

Again - thank you

Regards

Andrew
Regards Andrew