Author Topic: Axonos KJAC no services due to space being "remote"  (Read 1530 times)

goose66

Axonos KJAC no services due to space being "remote"
« on: October 05, 2022, 07:09:41 pm »
On every gate I load into I get a message when calling the GSX Pro (MSFS) menu.  It says something to the effect "Parking space remote no ground services available" and then closes.  It give no opportunity to edit the spaces to see what may be going wrong.  Any suggestions? 
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Axonos KJAC no services due to space being "remote"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 01:21:42 pm »
With "remote", maybe you meant "isolated", which is a message that comes from GSX ? Are you sure it happens on *every* parking of that airport ?

Please provide more details about it, it's a 3rd party scenery bought on the MS Marketplace ?

Is GSX reading the correct file for the airport ( check in the scenery customization page ) ?

goose66

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 05:08:41 pm »
Purchased direct.  I don't buy anything on the store.  I guess I would clarify to say "all the spots I have tried", which have been all the ones presented to me from the GSX menu as suitable (did not try anything GA related just by the terminal).  Correct on the wording "isolated".  Not sure what the scenery customization page is, can't find reference to it from the manual but I looked in the config area of the installer and got this when searching for KJAC.  I just loaded to the runway and customized parking ramp 6 by adding AAL and handling by AA from the config.  When I warped to the position I got the "isolated message".  On all the ramp options given as "suitable" I receive this message.  The bgl being read appears to be correct but I am no expert there.

Mark AAL3 VP-HR

goose66

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 05:10:50 pm »
Quick clarification.  The customization menu will not open when I am at the ramp.  The isolated message plays and the menu closes immediately.  I had to load into the runway to get it to open.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 05:31:44 pm »
Quick clarification.  The customization menu will not open when I am at the ramp.  The isolated message plays and the menu closes immediately.  I had to load into the runway to get it to open.

Yes, it's normal it would do like that. You can't open the GSX menu if the parking is isolated.

I just loaded to the runway and customized parking ramp 6 by adding AAL and handling by AA from the config.  When I warped to the position I got the "isolated message".  On all the ramp options given as "suitable" I receive this message

Does it work on Gates ? Perhaps these positions are really isolated, difficult to say without looking at the actual scenery.

goose66

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 08:52:55 pm »
No.  The airport has a terminal and ramp spots in front of the terminal.  Think of it like LOWI, very similar layout.  The GSX "suitable" spots are right where they should be in front of and a few to the side of the terminal.  Nothing at all isolated about them.  I am going to the areas shown at GATES on the menu. 
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 08:40:01 am »
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough "Isolated" is not something you can judge visually.

It an error in the programming of the airport, usually means a parking spot is not connected to the rest of the taxiway layout, which for GSX is unusable ( it will create problems with AI as well ), since ground vehicles can't reach it.

So, it can't be checked visually, but only by opening the actual .BGL with some tool showing the airport structure. That's why I asked if other parking spots work.

goose66

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 07:34:37 pm »
Ok, well we will wait for an Axonos update I imagine.  Thanks!
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

m_j_lyons

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2022, 12:01:41 am »
It's a problem with the AFCAD file - if GSX sees that there s connection from the parking spot to to the taxi-way structure it's considered "isolated" which means vehicles can't get to it (there's no path).  It's not a GSX issue...it's a problem with the underlying scenery.  If you're using an add-on for that airport - that's the first place to poke around.