Author Topic: Nosewheel Issue (Umberto)  (Read 1223 times)

kev649

Nosewheel Issue (Umberto)
« on: October 07, 2022, 06:31:16 pm »
Hi Umberto

Hope you well

Since i've had GSX, i've never really had any problems with the pushback function until today. So i loaded up the Fenix A320 into LPMA, configured the aircraft ready for flight fuel, fmgu etc. and selected pushback from the menu.
Gsx did its normal thing and started the pushback nose right. The pushback truck had no sooner stated moving and it dissapeared causing the aircraft to violently twist form side to side and bounce onto the tarmac.
The problem i had then was that i could not steer the aircraft at all on taxi, the rudder was moving ok but the nosewheel was not hence why the steering was not possible. It obviously has something to do with the failed pushback and i'm thinking that it caused damage to the nosewheel which in turn caused the steering problem.
I reloaded everything again and tried it again but it did exactly the same thing so i then reloaded yet again but this time i did not use gsx for pushback, i used the pushback truck which is included with the Fenix ground services.
This worked just fine and on disconnecting the tug, the aircraft never had any problems with steering and i taxiied to the runway easily.
I've never had this issue with gsx and the fenix since gsx's release so i'm a bit confused as to what the problem is and how do i fix it.
I do update gsx regularly so if possible could you give some help with this.
Thanks
Kevin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 08:16:12 pm by kev649 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Nosewheel Issue (Umberto)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 01:23:19 pm »
Always, always, always try to be as detailed as possible when making such reports.

Which "LPMA" you are referring to ? Default 3rd party ? If it's 3rd party, it's a Marketplace airport ? Which gate you used ?

The pushback truck had no sooner stated moving and it dissapeared causing the aircraft to violently twist form side to side and bounce onto the tarmac.

Maybe it was the *scenery* that had an "hole" in the Terrain, causing the Pushback truck to fall, which in turn caused the airplane to bump as well. That's why it's important to know exactly which scenery and which exact location this happened.

The GSX Pushback MUST follow the terrain, otherwise it wouldn't be able to support sloped airports. Which also means, if there's an hole in the terrain, it will fall through it.