Author Topic: Object limitation still a factor (vanishing airport scenery)  (Read 869 times)

Jean-claude

Object limitation still a factor (vanishing airport scenery)
« on: October 11, 2022, 07:30:11 am »
I am surprised that this topic is not pinned as it is a major handicap offering a choice of either using AI traffic or GSX at this time if one flies from large airports.

For example, I left (FSDT) LSZH the other day with NO AI traffic to land in Tenerife with... no airport. Yesterday I could not load AI traffic at all at EDDF. I am well aware that this is not a GSX bug but is generated by the number of objects limitation implemented by Asobo (and I am also aware that FSDT has released an update with "light" jetways in the meantime showing full cooperation on this issue), but at this time I have to unlink GSX until this issue is resolved by Asobo.

Could we please have a pinned follow-up topic on this so as to be made aware of when this limitation will be either lifted or improved by Asobo making AI traffic and GSX usable to their full capacity?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Object limitation still a factor (vanishing airport scenery)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 10:42:06 am »
Assuming you installed the lightweight version of the GSX jetway replacement files, GSX is not adding any more objects other than the ones actually servicing your airplane, because the lightweight jetway replacement files contains the EXACT same number of object as the default, since one jetway is replaced with one jetway and one jetway link/bridge is replaced by one jetway link/bridge.

Even "Living World" vehicles or "Airport Service" vehicles that has been replaced in *appearance* only by GSX, haven't increased their number compared to default, they just look different. If you disable GSX Airport Services on a certain airport, you'll get the same number of default ground vehicles there.

Also, this would only matter IF you are on an airport with jetways replaced by GSX. If the airport is Disabled ( any 3rd party airport should ) from Jetway replacement, having installed or the Lightweight version of the jetway replacement files won't matter anymore, if the airport is disabled.

When GSX is servicing the airplane, it's likely the highest number of objects is reached when Boarding/Deboarding passengers, but you can control that with the Passenger Density slider.

And of course, if you are using an AI traffic product, you can ALSO control the overall number of objects in the scene by lowering the number of AI generated.

I don't think there anything we can do other than what we already did, by offering the ability to install a lightweight version of the jetway replacement file, and of course the Passenger Density slider which has always been there. ALL our objects are heavily LOD-optimized and 100% conform to LOD standards following the direction of the official LOD diagnostic tool so, from our side, we have done everything to be sure the impact on the system is as low as possible and follows all the known standards.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:44:38 am by virtuali »

Jean-claude

Re: Object limitation still a factor (vanishing airport scenery)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 06:53:55 pm »
Understood, thank you.