Author Topic: When launching MSFS, GSX PRO does not start and displays "Couatl engine hasn't"  (Read 1067 times)

ObiTwo

Hello,

I just bought GSX PRO on 3/10/22, I installed it via FSDT Universal installer.

Each time I launch GSX PRO, I get the message "Couatl engine hasn't started".

In MSFS the "GSX" icon is white. For GSX PRO to display the menu I have to launch it by "Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe".

I excluded the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager" folder in Windows defender.
I also ran "FSDT Live Update" but it doesn't change anything.

I attach the log file.

Do you have a solution, please? Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
For GSX PRO to display the menu I have to launch it by "Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe".

If GSX starts manually, but not automatically, your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's a known MSFS bug in starting programs from the EXE.XML file, which has been covered in its own specific Sticky Thread named "Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator"

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

That's why there's a "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon on the Desktop.

I understand the Addon Linker utility has a feature to have some programs starting automatically with the simulator, perhaps you can use that one to bypass that MSFS bug.

ObiTwo

Hello Virtuali,

Thank you for your concise answer and for the link. I read it very carefully and I included the launch of Couatl64_MSFS.exe in the EXE.xml file and... It works!!!
I launch MSFS, I choose the A320 Fenix and when I arrive in the simulation the GSX Pro menu appears.

NB: I am very satisfied with GSX Pro, especially for the pushback and the "Follow me" vehicle - Thank you.