Author Topic: GSX Pro "Couatl Scripting Engine Not Started"  (Read 4225 times)

AfflictedSim

Re: GSX Pro "Couatl Scripting Engine Not Started"
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 03:20:53 pm »
Heres another time, loaded up a new airport with no previous spawn before and no custom GSX profile. I Started GSX and the error came up, waited 10 minutes, and no cache had been generated yet. Yet, when looking in the windows pop-up bar, couatl said it had 'successfully generated airport cache'.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2022, 01:53:58 pm »
I loaded up in EGKK, which I've spawned in several times and have a custom airport profile for thus no airport cache should need to be generated.

Who said that ?

Until we'll release the update to use the new Navdata API, GSX will always require an airport cache, even more so if you have a profile, because it needs to associate the profile with the .BGL loaded, which is only known if there's a valid airport cache.

AfflictedSim

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 03:04:59 pm »
Heres another time, loaded up a new airport with no previous spawn before and no custom GSX profile. I Started GSX and the error came up, waited 10 minutes, and no cache had been generated yet. Yet, when looking in the windows pop-up bar, couatl said it had 'successfully generated airport cache'.

What about this scenario?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 03:46:19 pm »
What about this scenario?

That I can't reproduce it. Your log shows GSX just stopped with no apparent reason. A possible reason might be Simconnect stopping, since GSX use Simconnect communication as a "clock" for itself, if Simconnect stops, GSX will stop as well.

If it's not the antivirus ( which is by far the most common cause ), it's possible might be a bug in the sim when multiple Simconnect clients are connected. You might try to see if this happens if no other add-ons that use Simconnect are active, except GSX.

AfflictedSim

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 04:12:49 pm »
Where is simconnect located? Same folder as addon manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 05:22:17 pm »
Where is simconnect located? Same folder as addon manager?

The Simconnect server is part of the sim, and the Simconnect client is statically linked in every .exe that use it. If something is wrong with it, there's not much anybody can do, other than proceed by elimination and find possible conflicts. Which is why I asked to try with GSX alone.

AfflictedSim

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 05:28:45 pm »
The only other addons I use are the fenix and volanta in the background.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2022, 05:35:53 pm »
The only other addons I use are the fenix and volanta in the background.

Then proceed by elimination, and not use one or the other. I don't think there's a conflict with Fenix, since everybody use it with GSX, so try the other one.

If nothing changes, check again to be sure the Addon Manager folder is excluded by the antivirus.

AfflictedSim

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 06:27:08 pm »
EVERYTHING to do with couatl or GSX or a flight simulator is excluded in both the folders and the file .exe’s so it’s definitely not to do with my antivirus.

I just tried without volanta and only fenix and the same issues happen.