Author Topic: Default CJ4 and Longitude + Simbrief ("Can't read the aircraft type")  (Read 3146 times)

Johan217

With the default CJ4 and Longitude I keep getting this error in GSX: "Can't read the aircraft type" (see attached screenshot)

I checked that the values match their respective Simbrief profiles
icao_type_designator = "C25C"
icao_type_designator = "C700"

Incidentally this seems to occur only since updating GSX this morning, before I did get "Simbrief OK" with these aircraft. Did anything change?

All help appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:09:10 pm by Johan217 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default CJ4 and Longitude + Simbrief
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 02:52:18 pm »
I can't reproduce the problem.

- With the CJ4, all works normally, I made a SimBrief plan and GSX recognize it correctly, see the first screenshot.

- With the Longitude, it seems there's a bug in the airplane.cfg, the icao_type_designator is set as "C25C" instead of C700 as it should be but, even in this case, GSX correctly reports the error of a non-matching airplane, see the 2nd screenshot.

Johan217

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 03:00:36 pm »
OK, thanks for checking.
Any idea what could cause this (i.e. should I look at the Simbrief profile or the aircraft.cfg?)

I'll double check things on my end but apart from the icao_type_designator in the Longitude I did not change anything to the aircraft files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 03:03:09 pm »
Are other airplanes being read correctly ?

Johan217

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 03:46:45 pm »
Yes, all other aircraft are recognized correctly.

As I said the CJ4 and Longitude were recognized OK a few days ago (I updated GSX today) - as referenced in this thread (possibly a related issue?): https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27946.0.html

Am currently reinstalling GSX and the MSFS aircraft just in case. Will report back if this fixes it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 03:51:03 pm »
As I said the CJ4 and Longitude were recognized OK a few days ago (I updated GSX today) - as referenced in this thread (possibly a related issue?):

Completely unrelated, it was a general problem with SimBrief refueling option not showing in general, which has already fixed.

Johan217

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 04:13:07 pm »
Happy to report that reinstalling both aircraft and/or GSX solved it. No idea what could have changed between now and two days ago, but oh well...  :)

As I said the CJ4 and Longitude were recognized OK a few days ago (I updated GSX today) - as referenced in this thread (possibly a related issue?):

Completely unrelated, it was a general problem with SimBrief refueling option not showing in general, which has already fixed.
At least I was not dreaming :) Glad it got fixed, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 04:15:25 pm by Johan217 »

Johan217

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 01:05:37 pm »
I found the cause for the "Can't read the aircraft type" error.

This happens when you edit the aircraft.cfg of an aircraft in the OFFICIAL folder. I suspect it has to do with character count. E.g. setting a value 1 to 0 still works, but editing the tail number can trigger the error. Aircraft in the Community folder do not seem to be affected.

bjratchf

Re: Default CJ4 and Longitude + Simbrief ("Can't read the aircraft type")
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 07:35:56 pm »
I'm experiencing this error as well. I'm not quite sure if I understand your fix. I went into the core MSFS folder where the official packages are and corrected the aircraft.cfg to C700. Are you saying I shouldn't have done this? OR do we not change anything as well as NOT change to a custom tail number?

Johan217

Re: Default CJ4 and Longitude + Simbrief ("Can't read the aircraft type")
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 08:48:35 pm »
To be safe, never make any edits to aircraft.cfg that are in the Official folder. If you are experiencing the same issue, revert back to the original (if you don't have a backup, delete the aircraft folder and MSFS will reinstall it automatically).

To get the default Longitude to work with Simbrief, you have to change its Simbrief profile so that "ICAO Code" is "C25C" (see screenshot). Do NOT change anything in the aircraft.cfg.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 08:53:08 pm by Johan217 »