Author Topic: GSX Pro doesn't load?  (Read 8368 times)

GTA350

GSX Pro doesn't load?
« on: October 03, 2022, 11:40:35 am »
My GSX Pro doesn't want to load. Even when the Couatl states airport loaded. I click on the GSX icon in MSFS, the window pops up then quickly dissapears and nothing happens?
What update do i do, the live or offline?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro doesn't load?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 11:46:00 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with " the window pops up " which window ?

nothing happens?"

Nothing is supposed to happen, unless you open the GSX menu on the Toolbar. On the first start, it will have to build the airport cache, and this will take a minute or so, so you can't use it until it's completed.

GTA350

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 11:58:29 am »
The GSX window on the sim from the drop down menu bar. When i click on the GSX icon, the GSX menu box/window appears then disappears. I can't access the add-on

Darren13467

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 12:23:04 pm »
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is anyone who is encountering the same thing which the GSX panel would shut down automatically.

Aircraft starts with cold & dark, i push GSX button then GSX panel just close automatically, GSX has been updated to latest version.

Thanks a lot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 12:32:22 pm »
the GSX menu box/window appears then disappears. I can't access the add-on

Which is why I said: on the first start, it will have to build the airport cache, and this will take a minute or so, so you can't use it until it's completed. You should see some text message saying something about the cache being rebuilt.

Darren13467

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 03:11:54 pm »
the GSX menu box/window appears then disappears. I can't access the add-on

Which is why I said: on the first start, it will have to build the airport cache, and this will take a minute or so, so you can't use it until it's completed. You should see some text message saying something about the cache being rebuilt.

I've tried it, but unfortunately it still doesn't work after 3 mins. same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 03:19:54 pm »
I've tried it, but unfortunately it still doesn't work after 3 mins. same issue.

On some systems, with a very high number of sceneries, it can take longer than that.

GTA350

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 04:33:39 pm »
As i said before, it doesn't load i waited 5 mins "airport cache loaded successfully" it states. Click on the GSX from the drop down bar and nothing happens.  Small airport LPMA (Maderia) so not a lot to load. In stead of giving us one lined "answers" we need a breakdown as to what we should do. I see you still havent answered my question as to what update we use? live or offline?

Real answer this time please or money back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 04:54:12 pm »
In stead of giving us one lined "answers" we need a breakdown as to what we should do. I see you still havent answered my question as to what update we use? live or offline?

Because this has been answered so many times, and it's also clear from the Sticky thread about the Offline installer what to do, which I'll repeat again here:

- You should always use the Live Updater first.

- If you suspect you have issues with downloads, possibly caused by your local cloudflare node not being updated, you should use the Offline installer.

As indicated in the Offline installer instructions, a way to know if you might have a download problem that would require using the Offline installer, is to notice if there are files being redownloaded over and over, even if you run the Live Update twice in a row.

And (also indicated in the Offline installer instructions), SOME files are supposed to be always be downloaded, which are the Airport Services and the Jetway replacement ZIP files and the GSX profiles for FSDT airports. If files OTHER than these are being constantly redownloaded, you might have a problem with the downloads, so you should use the Offline installer. If not, it means your local node is fine, and the Live Update it's enough.

In addition to that, the other Sticky thread named "How to report an error", provide with clear instructions how to create a diagnostic log. Please post your log, made just after a Live Update, so it can show the airport cache regeneration process, and any possible issues with it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 04:58:22 pm by virtuali »

Darren13467

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2022, 12:44:25 pm »
I tried to use "live update" and it just crash without any reason, after that i tried offline update then loaded into MSFS and wait 10mins, still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:11:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 01:13:55 pm »
I tried to use "live update" and it just crash without any reason,

Are you sure it "crashed" ? Have you seen an error message ? If yes, which error ? If it just ran, checked there were no updates to download and then exited, it's exactly what is supposed to do normally.

after that i tried offline update then loaded into MSFS and wait 10mins, still doesn't work.

As I've said in my previous post, the other Sticky thread named "How to report an error", provide with clear instructions how to create a diagnostic log. Please post your log, made just after a Live Update, so it can show the airport cache regeneration process, and any possible issues with it.

Darren13467

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 01:29:32 pm »
I should have said that live update quit unexpectedly.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:36:00 pm by virtuali »

Darren13467

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 01:34:59 pm »
Can't find any diagnostic log an be created.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:36:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 01:36:50 pm »
I should have said that live update quit unexpectedly.

That's not very clear, what you do mean "unexpectedly" ? It crashed even before it did anything ? Have you seen an error message ? If yes, which error ? If it just ran, checked there were no updates to download and then exited, it's exactly what is supposed to do normally.

Darren13467

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 01:37:23 pm »
No message, just crash.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:37:48 pm by virtuali »