Author Topic: GSX Pro Issue - Menu Toolbar don't stop loading  (Read 1320 times)

raphael_selling

GSX Pro Issue - Menu Toolbar don't stop loading
« on: July 05, 2023, 02:07:56 am »
Hello,

I purchased the GSX Pro for MSFS2020 and since then I've been trying to make the program work.

I have tried several times to install it but the problem persists. When starting a flight and opening the GSX menu, it shows a message saying "Loading GSX Menu, please wait..." and never exits this loading process.

I send the link below to a video made by the user of the forum "nikolatr" that shows exactly what happens to me with the exception of the window closing, in my case the window always remains open looking for the loading as can be seen in the first 1 minute and 3 seconds of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Y3UVWaZWw

How do we resolve?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 11:49:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Issue - Menu Toolbar don't stop loading
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 11:51:08 am »
This has been discussed countless of times on the forum, and it's usually caused by the couatl engine not started, usually because of the antivirus.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

If that doesn't work, check if you are able to start the Couatl program manually after the simulator started, from its icon on the Desktop.

raphael_selling

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 03:12:16 pm »
yes I know and I searched a lot for this solution, however I didn't find anything that solved the question so I decided to open a new topic.

I already put the entire Addon Manager folder in the anti-virus exclusions, I use Norton 360

After that I already performed several installations and updates through Live Update and the problem always persists.

The couatl engine starts almost every time along with MSFS2020, in a few cases I had to start it manually using the icon on the desktop, I already finished it using the task manager and started it again, I restarted it and nothing, the GSX menu simply does not stop loading

Nimic

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 04:26:24 pm »
I have exactly the same problem, but I'm using GSX since its release, and I got this problem for the first time yesterday. It persists, despite I tried to update the Addon Manager several times, and I checked that I have excluded the Addon Manager folder in my Antivirus.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 04:28:53 pm by Nimic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 04:38:36 pm »
I restarted it and nothing, the GSX menu simply does not stop loading

Please be sure it's still running when you opened the menu. Also, follow the instructions in the Sticky thread "How to report a problem" to create a diagnostic log:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

raphael_selling

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 12:03:08 am »
I created the file as instructed in the link sent and I attach the log for analysis.

I emphasize that when accessing the Virtuali folder there was already a file named "couatl_MSFS.ini" where it said "useAirportCache=0"

I opened the simulator and confirmed that couatl was running, I tried to open the GSX menu and the infinite loading continues.

I can't be 100% sure but I believe that the boarding bridges and some ground vehicles were introduced but not used by the GSX

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 10:56:11 am »
I created the file as instructed in the link sent and I attach the log for analysis.

I emphasize that when accessing the Virtuali folder there was already a file named "couatl_MSFS.ini" where it said "useAirportCache=0"

I opened the simulator and confirmed that couatl was running, I tried to open the GSX menu and the infinite loading continues.

I can't be 100% sure but I believe that the boarding bridges and some ground vehicles were introduced but not used by the GSX

Had the  same  issues   as  you got  awhile  ago now  but  some  how it  has  resolved  itself,  but  the  work  around  that  got  it  to work  for  me  was i had  to  go to task  manager end  the couatl   exe  than  go  to  my  desktop   run  the start couatl   as  admin than   every thing  works  as planned.  Found  this  solution by  googling  it  on  the  net

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 01:08:46 pm »

Your log doesn't show any errors. It only shows that GSX/Couatl started correctly, then either you exited the sim (or the sim crashed), GSX got a notification of that, and it exited cleanly, because the sim stopped.

raphael_selling

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 03:48:29 pm »
That's why I decided to open a new topic here on the subject, because the technological solutions provided by others did not solve it because it always seemed to me that everything was installed correctly, but there must have been some conflict in the communication between the application and the simulator.

Well, having said that, I believe that last night I managed to "solve", but I still want to carry out new tests

I noticed in my MSFS2020 folder that I had 2 “community” folders, perhaps because I had changed the cache folder in the MSFS2020 installation. Behold, when noticing this folder duplicity, I decided to copy the shortcut installed by the GSX in one of the folders in the other and then the GSX started to work

When performing a test flight, I managed to use the GSX in preparation for takeoff, but some functions did not work as expected (GPU did not connect and fueling was instantaneous and not progressive as it should be) and I was unable to test it after landing because my simulator crashed for the first time , I don't know if it has to do with the GSX or not

Now then I have another question, how can I adjust the GSX Relink to the correct “community” folder? Because now I have a Relink made in the GSX installation in the folder and the shortcut of this Relink in another folder

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 04:37:52 pm »
I noticed in my MSFS2020 folder that I had 2 “community” folders, perhaps because I had changed the cache folder in the MSFS2020 installation. Behold, when noticing this folder duplicity, I decided to copy the shortcut installed by the GSX in one of the folders in the other and then the GSX started to work

Your MSFS install was clearly messed up, most likely the location of the Community folder didn't match the setting in the UserCfg.opt file, which is wht one GSX looks for (the only official way to know where you Community folder is), perhaps you followed so ill advice to "move" the Community by making a link elsewhere and something went wrong with it ?

In any case, you should never copy the GSX packages manually, because by doing so, you can be SURE you'll have problems, because part of GSX will be updated (the one in the Addon Manager), but the copy in the Community folder won't, because the updater will only operate on the Addon Manager folder, not directly in the Community, that's why we use links, so we can update everything at the same time, without polluting your Community folder with half of the product files.

So yes, you need to:

- remove the copy you manually created from the Community folder

- remove the double Community folder

- be sure the InstalledPackagesPath line in the UserCfg.opt file MATCHES the *actual* Community folder you are using

- Provided the Community IS located on a drive formatted in NTFS, the FSDT Installer should then be able to Relink GSX correctly.

More details on how to fix a botched manually moved Community folder here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27258.msg178611.html#msg178611

raphael_selling

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2023, 05:55:19 pm »
My installation is not messed up. What happens is that after installing MSFS2020 it allows you, through the settings, to change the simulator cache folder and with that it also changes the location of the “Community” folder through itself, where you designate a new folder and it naturally migrates all for her. So much so that my other Addons like PMDG work perfectly beyond scenarios. In summary, I didn't move or copy anything manually, it was done directly by the simulator.

About the “solution” I found, I didn't move any folders manually. What I did was create a shortcut/link from the shortcut/link created by GSX during the installation and this new shortcut/link I threw in the “community” folder that I found duplicated. I emphasize that this folder also had PMDG files (different files in the 2 “Community” folders) and FSUIPC

In summary:

I didn't create a copy manually, I just created a shortcut/link from the linked folders generated by the GSX. This way I believe that when the Addon Manager folder is updated, the links files will be updated as well as the shortcuts/links that I made manually

This second folder was created by MSFS2020, what is the risk of causing damage to the simulator and/or other add-ons?

This UserCFG.opt file is a GSX or MSFS2020 file, because if it's from the simulator, the file is correct. If it's from the GSX I can change the location to the correct folder

I think it would be best if I could designate the folder where the links should be made by GSX, as it installed in the correct Community folder, but it cannot read it, which is strange considering that PMDG, for example, installed it the same way and it works correctly.

I'll take a look at the link you sent me, but can I change the folder where the links will be made?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2023, 06:08:58 pm »
My installation is not messed up.

Yes it is. Or, at least it was, you said that yourself:

I had 2 “community” folders

I can only comment based on what you said and, clearly, no proper MSFS installation should have 2 community folders.

What happens is that after installing MSFS2020 it allows you, through the settings, to change the simulator cache folder and with that it also changes the location of the “Community” folder through itself, where you designate a new folder and it naturally migrates all for her. So much so that my other Addons like PMDG work perfectly beyond scenarios. In summary, I didn't move or copy anything manually, it was done directly by the simulator.

Sure, you would guess I *know* how the MSFS installer works...but you can be sure it doesn't create 2 community folders.

About the “solution” I found, I didn't move any folders manually. What I did was create a shortcut/link from the shortcut/link created by GSX during the installation and this new shortcut/link I threw in the “community” folder that I found duplicated. I emphasize that this folder also had PMDG files (different files in the 2 “Community” folders) and FSUIPC

I'm not sure I follow you but, in general, you shouldn't create a "link to a link", even if *might* work, it will be very confusing.

This second folder was created by MSFS2020, what is the risk of causing damage to the simulator and/or other add-ons?

No, it wasn't. When you uninstall the sim, sometimes it leaves an EMPTY "Packages" folder, but what matters is what is being pointed in the UserCfg.opt file, an eventual leftover folder won't affect it, if it's not referenced by the sim.

This UserCFG.opt file is a GSX or MSFS2020 file, because if it's from the simulator, the file is correct. If it's from the GSX I can change the location to the correct folder

The UserCfg.opt file is NOT a GSX file. If the one and only file that stores the location of the CONTENT folder ( which contains Official and Community ), and GSX *reads* that file (it never writes to it or changes it ) to know where the Community is. MSFS ALSO use that file to set its content.

The issue, which I explained in the thread I linked, is that some tutorials suggests to move JUST the Community folder and "link it", which is wrong on so many levels, both because it miss the chance to save lots of space, because it only moves the Community folder and not the 180GB+ in the Official folder, but also because the proper way is the one the MSFS installer does, which GSX obviously respects, and it's moving the complete "content" folder (that one that *contains* Official and Community), and point to it in the UserCfg.opt file.

The post I linked, does manually exactly the same thing the MSFS installer does when it ask you a different location for the content, so it's useful to CONVERT a bad installation ( Official and Community in two different places, with Community linked), into a proper one. I don't know if that was your case, but understanding that explanation is useful anyway.

I think it would be best if I could designate the folder where the links should be made by GSX, as it installed in the correct Community folder, but it cannot read it, which is strange considering that PMDG, for example, installed it the same way and it works correctly.

Please clarify, because this doesn't make much sense:

"it installed in the correct Community folder, but it cannot read it"

If it installed in the correct Community folder, it means GSX *COULD* read it. Or, where you trying to say GSX could read it and installed into the correct Community folder, but the SIM couldn't see GSX, so you had to copy manually ?

I'll take a look at the link you sent me, but can I change the folder where the links will be made?

Please re-read that linked post carefully, because it explains how a proper installation should be.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:14:43 pm by virtuali »