Author Topic: Ugly Corrugated Jetway at LFPG  (Read 4255 times)

BeardyMcWhisky

Re: Ugly Corregated Jetway at LFPG
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2022, 09:46:56 am »
Only problem I have is that the jetways done reach the aircraft?

tango3000

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2022, 04:29:12 pm »
same problem, it depends on the gates from LFPG. Some gates are ok other don't. Depend on the LFPG terminal choosen

manflex55

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2022, 09:58:25 pm »
Just to give it a try, could someone having proper glass jetway at LFPG could send me the BGL file of the jetway so I can replace mine if it can fixe the problem ? Thanks.

manflex55

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 06:53:12 pm »
Sorry for insistance but it seems there is no replacement of jetway whatever if the airport is excluded or not. Please see attached screenshot. Shot below is with LFPG Excluded so should be default jetway there.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:57:19 pm by manflex55 »

manflex55

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 06:54:46 pm »
Attached below when LFPG is set unabled in universal installer. As you can see there is absolutely no change at all. Any clue ?

manflex55

Re: Ugly Corrugated Jetway at LFPG
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 11:16:21 pm »
Update : if it may help here is a screen of dev mod showing object. Fsdreamteam object are quoted but doesn't appear...

Also had a strange Behavior with Gsx when I was at one of the "F" gate in LFPG (the one of the screen), requesting jetway it stated me : "SODE no found" or something like this as in the P3D versions. I'am sure that there is no SODE in MSDS so May be a conflict as I have gsx for P3D installed at the same time?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 11:19:05 pm by manflex55 »

motishow

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2022, 08:12:55 am »
Where is the experimental option?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2022, 08:21:47 am »
Shot below is with LFPG Excluded so should be default jetway there.

And in fact, that's what you are seeing: default jetways, as is supposed to be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2022, 08:22:52 am »
Attached below when LFPG is set unabled in universal installer. As you can see there is absolutely no change at all. Any clue ?

And that's what you are supposed to see. If LFPG is "unabled", you are supposed to see default jetways, which is what you see.

motishow

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2022, 09:10:11 am »
I have activated the gsx jetways but in game only appears scenery default jetway, for eixample levc, lebl, lemd….. how to fix it to use gsx replacement jetways?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2022, 09:26:30 am »
I have activated the gsx jetways but in game only appears scenery default jetway, for eixample levc, lebl, lemd….. how to fix it to use gsx replacement jetways?

You are not saying if you are referring to default airports or 3rd party airports.

If you are referring to 3rd party airports, you shouldn't enable those airports, because the jetway replacement files are only meant to replace default jetways on default airports.

motishow

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2022, 09:35:00 am »
But before SU10 the gsx custom jetways worked at levc(3rd party airport), and now they don’t work, that’s the question

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2022, 09:41:15 am »
But before SU10 the gsx custom jetways worked at levc(3rd party airport), and now they don’t work, that’s the question

The issue is that you should NOT use GSX replacement jetways at 3rd party airports because, if they they were "visible", they wouldn't have worked very well anyway, unless in the very unlikely case of the 3rd party airport matching the default airport jetway locations exactly ( both position and gate they are associated to ), and this would have caused all sort of bugs that users mistakenly associate with GSX, like passengers not showing or walking in the wrong place, which most of the time are caused precisely because GSX couldn't detect the jetway properly, because you tried to use the GSX replacement file on a 3rd party airport when you weren't supposed to.

So, please, use GSX as expected, and disable jetways at all 3rd party airports using the "Disable 3rd party button", which should always be used when you add a new 3rd party scenery, and if the airport is not recognized automatically, because the scenery doesn't confirm to the official package naming convention, add the ICAO manually to the Disabled list.