Author Topic: GSX PRO doesn't recognize my sound card (No Sound)  (Read 1121 times)

fly2beg

GSX PRO doesn't recognize my sound card (No Sound)
« on: September 28, 2022, 05:16:02 pm »
Hello all,

I have the problem that my sound card isn't recognized by GSX PRO and I therefore have no sound.

https://i.imgur.com/RB23ONQ.png

I use also GSX for P3D and in the sound option i can choose between default device and the sound card. In the GSX version for P3D everything works as it should.

Kind regards,
fly2beg
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:16:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX PRO doesn't recognize my sound card (No Sound)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 05:19:40 pm »
If with "GSX for P3D", you mean the 64 bit version, they use exactly the same identical code for audio, that is the OpenAL 64 runtime, which is one and shared between MSFS and P3D 64 bit.

Nothing in our audio code does anything differently depending on the simulator used, the only difference is that 64 bit and 32 versions use a different OpenAL runtime, but in that case, they both shouldn't work, assuming your audio drivers had a problem with 64 bit OpenAL.

fly2beg

Re: GSX PRO doesn't recognize my sound card (No Sound)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 06:33:38 pm »
If with "GSX for P3D", you mean the 64 bit version, they use exactly the same identical code for audio, that is the OpenAL 64 runtime, which is one and shared between MSFS and P3D 64 bit.

Nothing in our audio code does anything differently depending on the simulator used, the only difference is that 64 bit and 32 versions use a different OpenAL runtime, but in that case, they both shouldn't work, assuming your audio drivers had a problem with 64 bit OpenAL.

You are right. The problem was the Driver of the Sound Card. After i reinstall the driver now all works fine!

Thank you very much  :)