Author Topic: LATIN VFR Las Vegas Scenery and KLAS not playing well with GSX Pro  (Read 912 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
LATIN VFR Las Vegas Scenery and KLAS not playing well with GSX Pro
« on: September 26, 2022, 10:29:20 pm »
Landed and taxied to gate B2.

Marshall parked my plane and appeared a bit short of the Jetway - but the jetway would NOT deploy at all.  Tried clicking reposition at this spot in GSX and plane did not move and still no jetway movement - even if I manually clicked toggle jetway.
After 1 hour flight I was pretty disappointed.  I surmise that GSX not playing well with this aftermarket airport and no idea how to fix it would think GSX would address most-popular airport add-on scenery???

Also- Umberto, please consider a 'master setting' or reprogramming that IF ANY AIRPORT GATE HAS A JETWAY, do NOT deploy the rear stairs truck?!!!  That is so obvious a shortcoming/problem and yet so easy to address in programming your (very nice) product.  I know many others are frustrated by this problem and it's annoying to have to go in an manually select every gate at each airport we fly to and then 'turn off' the rear stairs truck!!!!  PLEASE help us I know you are busy.  When you have time, please.

Hoping you can make Latin VFR Las Vegas scenery compatible with GSX Pro.  I did reach out to Latin VFR and asked them if they would contact you and see what you need to make their airport compatible with your software, though as busy as you are and also shorthanded, I surmise this may never happen.  Is there some way to TOTALLY EXCLUDE their scenery from GSX so that it will work as it did before I installed GSX?  I tried excluding their jetways, but then the OEM jetways DID appear in the airport but I don't think the jetways 'moved' to the airplane??

Any and all help wildly appreciated.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:42:39 pm by rsm2000e »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: LATIN VFR Las Vegas Scenery and KLAS not playing well with GSX Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 02:02:32 am »
 Did you ensure to disable the KLAS jetways in the GSX config of the FSDT Universal Installer? The Jetway works fine at FlyTampa KLAS gate B2.

rsm2000e

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 03:38:45 pm »
Yes, I followed your instructions and excluded the Jetways in the FSDT main installer 'configuration' section, which works so far, thanks very much.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 04:23:07 pm »
I just landed at Flytampa's KLAS. Gate D55 worked fine.

I didn't know LatinVFR made one?
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

rsm2000e

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 05:46:00 pm »
I may have mis-spoken... now that I think about it I believe FlyTampa is correct.  thank you.