Author Topic: GSX Pro and AIG Traffic  (Read 1643 times)

PimDSLR

GSX Pro and AIG Traffic
« on: September 27, 2022, 12:02:25 pm »
Since SU10 it seems that GSX and AIG Traffic cant work at the same time. I heard it had to do with reaching the max amount of simobjects in the sim?
Is this anything you are aware of or know how to counter it? I love both products but using them at the same time is causing a loose of objects.

Johan217

Re: GSX Pro and AIG Traffic
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 12:29:17 pm »
I am using GSX + AIG (Live Traffic mode) without problems as far as I can see.

PimDSLR

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 12:43:15 pm »
Since SU10 I'm not able to anymore. GSX vehicles disappear and you only hear them and planes also disappear. 

DroidE326

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 01:57:26 pm »
AiG TC has been working for me since SU10, but the whole simconnect thing is as erratically as before. Smaller airports don't seem to be a problem, but when you start from a larger airport (e.g. LEMD) it's much more likely to glitch. Unfortunately, for some of us that also includes loss of GSX and even 3rd party airport scenery models. There was an auto update for AiG TC a day or two ago, but I can't say I've noticed any difference so far. Worse though, is that if you check the development updates on the AiG forum it seems like they are not too keen to keep releasing major updates for MSFS, and I don't blame them given all the hassle it must be to work around all the bugs and limitations in the sim right now.

I have no idea how the FS Traffic team are going to fare any better given what AiG have said in their various dev blogs, but here's hoping because good GS, Traffic and ATC are pretty much essential cornerstones for those of us interested in airport/airline ops.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 02:17:52 pm »
AiG TC has been working for me since SU10, but the whole simconnect thing is as erratically as before. Smaller airports don't seem to be a problem, but when you start from a larger airport (e.g. LEMD) it's much more likely to glitch. Unfortunately, for some of us that also includes loss of GSX and even 3rd party airport scenery models. There was an auto update for AiG TC a day or two ago, but I can't say I've noticed any difference so far. Worse though, is that if you check the development updates on the AiG forum it seems like they are not too keen to keep releasing major updates for MSFS, and I don't blame them given all the hassle it must be to work around all the bugs and limitations in the sim right now.

I have no idea how the FS Traffic team are going to fare any better given what AiG have said in their various dev blogs, but here's hoping because good GS, Traffic and ATC are pretty much essential cornerstones for those of us interested in airport/airline ops.

Nicely written... I also have problems here and there with the fact that the number of objects has probably been filled and the destination airport is not displayed and the FPS starts to drop sharply, sometimes by turning off AIG the scenery can be loaded in flight, other times not and I land in a field. What  as for GSX, I have to tap, but no problems yet. I'm only missing one thing, and that's GSX.cfg for the A319ceo recently released by LVFR. But I understand, it's new, you can't have everything right away.
As for AIG, it's true that I didn't notice any changes in the last Controller update either, maybe it doesn't fall as much, but then again like every flight.  At the moment, the only option is how to have a nice operation of real companies according to flight plans. Without operation, it simply wouldn't be the same. Dead scenery, dead around. I'm glad that GSX works and if there is a problem, Umberto gives advice and the problem is solved... thank you also for  great job done as for FSX before.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 02:21:20 pm by syphax »