Author Topic: Bgl file in profile folder not detected  (Read 1355 times)

SimonTricks

Bgl file in profile folder not detected
« on: September 27, 2022, 05:00:37 pm »
Hello everybody

with the recent release of the bgl files for ORBX and LVFR airports i bet I'm not the only one with this problem.

basically i downloaded the file and moved it into the profile folder so GSX would load it instead of the APX airport.
The problem is that GSX won´t read the bgl in the profile folder.

I have this with the ORBX file for LGSK

I have another problem with the customization for the bgl in ORBX LKPR not saving. I believe that this is somehow related to the other problem, but I'm not sure.

Help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Simon

DroidE326

Re: Bgl file in profile folder not detected
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 06:03:59 pm »
I've not tried one of the Orbx files yet, but I did try LEMD from LVFR and it seemed to pick up and read the file. How did you check if GSX was reading the files? The easiest way I've found is to start the airport customisation editor when you're sat at one gates and then check the AFCAD file path listed at the top of the customisation window. When I did that with the LEMD file the file path pointed to the file I'd dropped in there. Didn't do anything else but rename the file and drop it in: ...\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS. 

SimonTricks

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 06:18:15 pm »
I'm aware of how to check the bgl GSX uses. its still using the APX....bgl (i.e the default MSFS bgl) so its clearly not loading the custom file in the folder.

You talked about renaming the file?? what didi you rename it to? the name of the authors bgl or what?

SimonTricks

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 06:33:22 pm »
update:
- renaming the bgl to the authors name solved the issue with the LKPR bgl.

- unfortunately the LGSK bgl is still not being recognized.

GreyStone93

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 12:40:59 am »
For Orbx's bgl files I opened up the ini file for the airport profile and changed the AFCAD path to - \\?\C:\Users\"Your name here"\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS\EGLC London City Airport.bgl and dropped the bgl file it into the gsx profile folder.

For the LVFR's bgl file I renamed them, for example, from objects.bgl to LEBL Barcelona El Prat Airport, changed the AFCAD patch to \\?\C:\Users\"Your name here"\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS\LEBL Barcelona El Prat Airport.bgl  in the ini and dropped the bgl file into the gsx profile folder