Author Topic: Conflict at KPHX  (Read 1059 times)

Supertaquito

Conflict at KPHX
« on: October 04, 2022, 05:43:53 am »
Hello again.

I'm having multiple issues with GSX PRO and the default KPHX not playing nice together.

When I load into the default KPHX and request jetway operation, I'll be prompted to select the operator.. which I do. This removes all previously spawned vehicles and makes them invisible.

If I attempt to request boarding, I will hear the vehicle movements, cargo doors will operate, and hear baggage going on, but absolutely no vehicles at all. The same happens when requesting pushback, the tow and personnel become invisible.

If I end the flight to go back to the main menu, the simulator gets stuck in an infinite load screen and must be terminated through task manager.

I cannot reproduce the issue when GSX is not installed.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Conflict at KPHX
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 01:35:25 pm »
I tried it just now, and it works perfectly fine, see the attached screenshot.

Are you using a 3rd party AI traffic pack that generates a lot of AI ? If yes, it's possible the two programs together have exceed some kind of (not documented ) limit on the maximum number of objects in a scene.

If this is the case, you might try reducing the quantity of AI. And, from GSX, you can try the new option in the GSX Config Panel in the installer, to disable "Ground Clutter" created around jetways so, on performing an Update, a lightweight version of the jetway replacement files containing only jetways will be installed. This will help keeping the maximum number of objects in the scene as low as possible.

Supertaquito

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 03:10:55 pm »
I tried it just now, and it works perfectly fine, see the attached screenshot.

Are you using a 3rd party AI traffic pack that generates a lot of AI ? If yes, it's possible the two programs together have exceed some kind of (not documented ) limit on the maximum number of objects in a scene.

If this is the case, you might try reducing the quantity of AI. And, from GSX, you can try the new option in the GSX Config Panel in the installer, to disable "Ground Clutter" created around jetways so, on performing an Update, a lightweight version of the jetway replacement files containing only jetways will be installed. This will help keeping the maximum number of objects in the scene as low as possible.

Thanks for getting back to me, Umberto. There may be an object limit exceeded.. would be weird as this just started happening after the last GSX update but I'm happy to switch things around.

Is the GSX Config panel the one within the universal installer with the gear icon? If that's the case, I'm only getting the jetway and airport services options, but no de-clutter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 03:12:03 pm »
Is the GSX Config panel the one within the universal installer with the gear icon? If that's the case, I'm only getting the jetway and airport services options, but no de-clutter.

Be sure you install the current update.

Supertaquito

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 03:43:53 pm »

Be sure you install the current update.

Ah, thanks. I thought I had done that with the offline installer, but I guess it didn't work the first time. I see it now after running it a second time. Thank you.