Author Topic: Option to Enable/Disable automatic doors  (Read 2264 times)

hkhoanguyen

Option to Enable/Disable automatic doors
« on: September 23, 2022, 06:14:04 pm »
Hello,

Is it already available for options to enable/disable automatic doors ? Because I was developing a small application that will handle airplane doors.

Thanks!

hkhoanguyen

Re: Option to Enable/Disable automatic doors
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 08:01:32 am »
I found out one bug of automatic door, when boarding is finished, it automatically opens the emergency doors.

Could you please create an option to turn it off and disable also the FMC input ? Thank you!

BrianT58

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 10:22:00 am »
You can configure the doors in the aircraft configuration tool in GSX, in there you can choose how the doors open. I use both the PMDG 737 aircraft and the FBW A32NX and I don't have this problem.
As each aircraft is different I also think it would be impossible and probably wrong for FSDT to disable anything in the FMC.
Regards
Brian

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 03:21:51 pm »
Okay, What I prefer is to have an option in GSX Settings to disable automatic doors (auto press key in FMC) for those who dont prefer the automatic doors controlled by GSX or in my case I would like to run my own application to manage them.

What I did in Airplane Configuration is to set the doors to without open/check, however GSX does not wait for my action to open doors like in P3D but instead it starts the boarding/deboarding process even with the doors are closed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 04:33:32 pm »
What I did in Airplane Configuration is to set the doors to without open/check, however GSX does not wait for my action to open doors like in P3D but instead it starts the boarding/deboarding process even with the doors are closed.

That option does exactly that: start the service without waiting for the door, exactly like it always worked in FSX or P3D.

An option to disable automatic door opening should be configurable by airplane, it can't be a global option, because all default airplanes don't have ANY way to open their doors, that's the main reason why we added this option to begin with.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 09:48:24 pm »
Edited
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:49:57 am by hkhoanguyen »

jamanchores727

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 06:26:23 am »

An option to disable automatic door opening should be configurable by airplane, it can't be a global option, because all default airplanes don't have ANY way to open their doors, that's the main reason why we added this option to begin with.

Is this option already available? Or is it yet to be implemented? 'Cause I also prefer having an option to disable automatic door opening and/or closing

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 07:50:06 am »

That option does exactly that: start the service without waiting for the door, exactly like it always worked in FSX or P3D.

But in P3D, if you don't open the doors, the service wont begin. GSX keeps beeping to let us know to open the doors, in MSFS the service begins with doors closed, pax and cargo go through the doors

Also I can see that there are some macro actions manipulating PMDG FMC during the Boarding Deboarding, do you have any way to disable them as well ?

Like following seen in the log:

PMDG_Handler.onDeboardingRequested()
PMDG MENU
MacroStep 623 1
PMDG FS Actions
PMDG RSK 5
MacroStep 616 1
PMDG RSK 1
MacroStep 612 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1

Not everyone flies on the captain side, I fly on F/O side and the macros press FMC keys while I'm planning for a flight ;)

And May I ask why the macros set the FMC to PASSENGER SERVICES Page of PMDG ? as I know it is the ground services of PMDG that come with its own stairs. so it will conflict with GSX stairs services if someone press request stairs..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 08:53:32 am by hkhoanguyen »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 01:36:08 pm »
But in P3D, if you don't open the doors, the service wont begin. GSX keeps beeping to let us know to open the doors, in MSFS the service begins with doors closed, pax and cargo go through the doors

No, it's exactly the same in P3D:

By DEFAULT the service won't start until you open a door but, if you set the door as "Open with no open/close checks", it will ignore the door and start the service, in both simulators.

Not everyone flies on the captain side, I fly on F/O side and the macros press FMC keys while I'm planning for a flight

The reason why the 2nd FMC is used, was because we assumed MOST users would use the primary ones. You can't please everyone, that's a given.

Also I can see that there are some macro actions manipulating PMDG FMC during the Boarding Deboarding, do you have any way to disable them as well ?

If we'll add an option to disable Auto-doors handling, the macros won't be executed.

And May I ask why the macros set the FMC to PASSENGER SERVICES Page of PMDG ? as I know it is the ground services of PMDG that come with its own stairs. so it will conflict with GSX stairs services if someone press request stairs..

They don't, they go to the Ground service page. Maybe it's because you are using the FMC in the meantime the macro don't work as they should.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 01:39:59 pm by virtuali »

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 11:59:14 am »
Great, thank you for considering the option to turn off Auto-doors handling  :)