Author Topic: GSX is parking the plane on a completely different spot than MSFS places it  (Read 669 times)

DarrianCZE

Hi!

I have noticed a very annoying thing. For example, if I am to park my medium jet to a heavy stand, GSX parks me a lot differently than MSFS places my plane upon departure. If there is any kind of a large plane, GSX places me to a theoretical middle of that stand, which, in case of a heavy stand with a medium jet, is insanely far away from the marked "nose" position.

But! When I choose the same stand in the MSFS as a departure stand, MSFS will place me a LOT better than the GSX.

I understand there is some difference in how GSX and MSFS work, but it would be great if this could be remedied without making individual airport config anywhere I go.

For example, Simbreeze Hurghada, stand 71.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is parking the plane on a completely different spot than MSFS places it
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 05:35:22 pm »
This is not a problem and it's exactly how GSX is supposed to work.

As explained in the manual in the chapter "Understanding the Stop Position", GSX has a completely different concept of the Stop position than the sim, which is very limited and based only on the front gear, which "looks better", but it's not really realistic, since the front gear position is never the same for all airplanes.

GSX, instead, has the Stop position to be a value independent from the front gear and, instead, is based on the Preferred Exit, so when a custom Stop position is made with GSX, it will take the Preferred Exit as a reference, so different planes will end up with their Preferred Exit in the same place ( which makes the Jetway connection more predictable ), and *naturally* have their front gear in different positions depending on their type, exactly like in reality.

And yes, this requires setting the Stop position, usually in the place where the Jetway ( is present ) works, and once you do that, you can be reasonably sure the jetway will work with almost any airplane, because all of them will end up with their exit in the same place.