Author Topic: GSX is not installing - Enigma Protector error prompt  (Read 1597 times)

PiedPiper73

GSX is not installing - Enigma Protector error prompt
« on: September 23, 2022, 11:05:46 pm »
Hello.
I've tried the regular installer.
I've tried your offline installer.

I have never seen any GUI or program launch EVER! How are people able to get the program to install? or reach an interface of any kind?

Neither are able to bring up any program.
If i try to use the files that are available after install, such as the GSX program, it says to reinstall due to the exception folder is missing. I have reinstalled a lot and no luck.
How is it this is not able to even install???
I've tried turning off my Anti=virus completely and still no luck.

I have Flight Simulator on my C Drive, in C:\MSFS Packages\

I waited for your latest installer update to see if the install issues would be addressed (I'm not the only one). But no.
At this point, it is a complete waste of my time and money.

Please assist.

Windows 11 Alienware
James

PiedPiper73

Re: GSX is not installing - Enigma Protector error prompt
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 11:22:38 pm »
now giving error: Enigma Protector "Internal Protection Error, please contact the author!"

PiedPiper73

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 11:38:21 pm »
also. FSDT Universal Installer never opens or i can't get it to open to any interface.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 06:33:00 pm »
now giving error: Enigma Protector "Internal Protection Error, please contact the author!"

This is 100% a bug of your antivirus. There's no doubt about this.

As explained so many times in the forum and of course in the manual, we never, ever suggested to "turn off" the antivirus. Antivirus are never really "turned off", their low-level service is always running, so if they have a bug and mistakenly flagged the program as a threat, they would still block it even if they look disabled.

The only correct way to deal with a buggy antivirus is to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, then run the FSDT Installer again.

I waited for your latest installer update to see if the install issues would be addressed (I'm not the only one). But no. At this point, it is a complete waste of my time and money.

Our installer can't fix a defective antivirus.

The only program here that wasted your time and money, is your antivirus. The one and only job for an antivirus is protect you from threats, and not interfering with legit products. So, clearly, by not doing that, your antivirus has failed its job.

Our software complies with all proper standards that are supposed to be followed by antivirus to prevent false positives, which are:

- A Microsoft Authenticode Digital Signature, which ensures the program you have is the version we made and hasn't been altered.

- A 2nd Software Taggant Digital Signature, which is an IEEE standard designed specifically to prevent False positives in antivirus product.

So, we are following all best practices to prevent issues caused by antivirus. If your antivirus doesn't follow them and decided to trust its own questionable heuristic more, then I suggest to file a bug report to the developers, because that's the program that is failing.

What antivirus you use, Sophos or maybe McAfee ? They are the two very well known offenders, as far false positives are concerned. We sent a sample to Sophos a while ago to be checked and whitelisted, they haven't even care to reply, other than the automatic confirmation they received it.

PiedPiper73

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 07:52:33 pm »
Yep is it Sophos.
I'll add the addon manager directory to its exceptions as well.
I already added the other areas to it.

If that doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling it altogether.

Thanks for your reply.

PiedPiper73

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 08:19:31 pm »
Adding exceptions did not work, however completely uninstalling the Sophos did allow the FSDT Live Update to run. I'm not installing GSX.
Thanks again,
James