Author Topic: Error message from Couatl Scripting Engine!?  (Read 1016 times)

Markus1981

Error message from Couatl Scripting Engine!?
« on: September 22, 2022, 03:13:12 pm »
Hello everybody!

Since the new SU10 update from yesterday, I get the following error message when starting MSFS (see attached screenshot). But GSX Pro works normally as soon as I click away the message before I load a flight. But as soon as I go to the main menu in MSFS, for example, and want to make a new flight, the message appears again.
This phenomenon only started appearing yesterday after I did the SU10 update. Before that, GSX ran absolutely fine.

Could someone please help me how to get rid of this error message?
I have also attached the Couatl.log file from C:\Users\Markus1981\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali

Thanks in advance,

Markus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message from Couatl Scripting Engine!?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 03:17:50 pm »
From the error text, it seems you enabled logging to create the log file in the simulator own folder, which now doesn't exists anymore because the version is changed, so now GSX it telling you that, since the folder you specified doesn't exists anymore, it will create the log file in its default folder.

You must fix the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.INI file to remove the path you specified before.

Markus1981

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 03:25:49 pm »
Ok, thanks Umberto. But how can I fix the Couatl_MSFS.INI? What do I have to enter for a path now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 03:29:55 pm »
Ok, thanks Umberto. But how can I fix the Couatl_MSFS.INI? What do I have to enter for a path now?

Nothing, just logFile=Couatl.LOG, as instructed in the Sticky thread "how to report errors". Or, if you don't need diagnostic, you can just remove the file, no need to log anything if you don't have any problems.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:37:31 pm by virtuali »

Markus1981

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 03:36:02 pm »
Ok great, now I've got it - the error message no longer appears.
Many thanks for the help :).