Author Topic: Menu still auto closes  (Read 1230 times)

disco79stu

Menu still auto closes
« on: September 22, 2022, 03:22:52 pm »
So I checked the changelog and apparently yesterday's update should remove the auto-close function.
But this does not work for me. When I open the menu and klick on something, it immediately closes again.
When I undock the window and click on something, it won't close but turns black and I'll have to close and open again to continue.

I ran live update several times, but I'm not sure if the update was downloaded/installed correctly.
What else can I do besides hitting "Update"?

Changelog:

UPDATE - September 21st, 2022

- GSX Pro NEW: Menu system changed; Auto-close function has been removed.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Menu still auto closes
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 03:35:43 pm »
The auto-close function was related to the GSX Toolbar icon that opened the Menu, and it was there to save you from many double-clicks (one to close the toolbar icon and another one to re-open it), since in the previous version, the only way to open the Menu was a click on the Toolbar icon.

Now there's an hotkey, you only need to activate the GSX Toolbar icon with a click the first time, than it will stay open until you click it again so, for as long as you need ground services, you can use the Hotkey to open/close the menu as required so, once the Toolbar is Active, GSX will work as it always did in FSX/P3D for the past 10 years.

Maybe you assumed something completely different, like a PINNED menu, but that's not what this update is about. A pinned menu is a completely new feature that will require some major changes to how GSX works, and it has been already confirmed to arrive in a future update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27778.0.html

disco79stu

Re: Menu still auto closes
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 03:41:28 pm »
Oh, okay, then I really misunderstood. I indeed had a pinned menu in mind.
But hotkey is also a very welcomed feature, thanks!

BR