Author Topic: GSX pro menu title issue  (Read 2238 times)

aljina

GSX pro menu title issue
« on: September 22, 2022, 02:35:35 pm »
GSX pro menu title says file options instead of services not listed ? see picture on attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

aljina

Re: GSX pro menu title issue
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 05:05:46 pm »
The link doesn't help with the issuing i am having ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 03:16:50 pm »
The link doesn't help with the issuing i am having ?

Of course it does, because it explains how to produce a diagnostic log, which you are supposed to attach to a post when reporting a problem.

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 07:56:03 pm »
Oh look someone else has the same problem as me!!! this is first time i seen someone else have the same problem! I'm having this trouble as well and I've already submitted my log and basically got a "We don't know answer"

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 07:58:02 pm »
Be realllllly nice to find out why this is... I've reinstalled uninstalled the whole MSFS and GSX and submitted a log and found no bugs.. Maybe u guys can ask your devs whats going on with this

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 09:25:35 pm »
Heres my file again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 10:23:21 pm »
Heres my file again...

Your log shows you have an outdated version of the Couatl executable:

couatl v4.8 (build 4858)

While the current version that is online now is 4.8.5027, so you are several versions behind. Assuming you ran the updater or the Offline installer, be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus Exclusions, and run the updater again.

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 06:47:25 pm »
I updated to latest version and here is my new log included. I still have the same menu popping up..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 08:46:17 am »
I updated to latest version and here is my new log included. I still have the same menu popping up..

Is your user account with limited permissions ?

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 10:41:18 am »
Nope my account is administrator I checked..

swissman76

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 09:25:22 pm »
Hi guys,

After many tries and tears, I found a solution that worked for my config. ;)

As for all my addons and third-parties apps, I had the GSX folder not installed directly in the Community folder, but in a separate folder (I'm using MSFS Addons Linker to sort my addons and only use those what I need for specific use).

I simply moved the whole GSX folder directly in the "normal" Community folder, started MSFS again and that worked.
Many times tested : no problems anymore since then.

If you don't use MSFS Addons Linker, but still have separated places (ex. only relevant GSX files in Community and the rest in another place), try this :

1) replace your relevant GSX files from community to their original place in GSX/addons/MSFS (or something like that)
2) then put the whole GSX folder directly in the community

I hope this will help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 03:01:00 pm »
I simply moved the whole GSX folder directly in the "normal" Community folder, started MSFS again and that worked. Many times tested : no problems anymore since then.

Don't ever do that, and I suggest everybody reading this to NOT follow this advice, which will result in being cut out from updates, since the updater will only update files in the real Addon Manager, not in the Community folder, since it's assumed the program is LINKED there, as it should be.

Where, exactly, is your Community folder located ? There are two ways of having the Community folder moved in a separate way, one is an hack and it's wrong, another one is the official method, which works flawlessly.

1) WRONG METHOD

This comes JUST the Community folder on a different place, and creates a Symbolic link to it in the original place, for example here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

There are several reasons why this method is wrong. First, is not the official one, and there's no reason wanting to use it when the official one works perfectly fine. Second, it causes addons "linked" there to be "links to a link", which might have side effects. And third, is not even achieving the biggest space saving, because you are only moving out the Community folder, while leaving about 180GB of "Official" on the Windows boot drive. And lastly, you RISK losing the whole Community folder when entering and exiting from a Public Beta.

2) CORRECT METHOD

Moving out BOTH the Official and Community folders ( referred by Microsoft as "Content" ) to a new place, and edit this new location in the UserCfg.OPT file. This method has none of the issues of the first one, because it's the officially supported method, it results in both the Official and Community folders to be "real" folders (eventually containing links), it saves an extra 180GB on the Windows drive, and there's no risk of having the Community folder being wiped out when entering/existing from Public Betas.

The ONLY "difficult" think, it requires editing the last line of the UserCfg.OPT file, which is located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.OPT ( MS Store version )
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.OPT ( Steamversion )

Changing the LAST line to look like this:

InstalledPackagesPath "E:\MSFS"

This is my case: I moved both the Official and Community folder into a new folder named "MSFS", which will look like this:

E:\MSFS\Official
E:\MSFS\Community

And edited the UserCfg.OPT to match that. If you do it correctly, MSFS won't even know something changed. Just be sure the path is enclosed in double quotes.

Now, the final check is: if your Community folder will contains Links ( normal for all FSDT installers AND if you use the Addon Linker ), the drive you are using for the complete Content must be formatted in NTFS, this because other filesystems like FAT32 or ExFat, don't support Symbolic Links.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 03:02:51 pm by virtuali »