Author Topic: Exclude GSX from small airfield with grass runway  (Read 951 times)

Freccia

Exclude GSX from small airfield with grass runway
« on: September 20, 2022, 08:18:44 am »
Hi, a developer friend of mine made for me a modification of a small airfield with a budding runway that on MSFS is (erroneously) called LIFN.

As soon as the scenario was loaded, I saw some GSX vehicles near the runway. I closed MSFS and opened the GSX Pro config but the LIFN airfield is neither in the "enabled" nor in the "disabled" column.

How can I exclude this small airfield from GSX Pro?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Exclude GSX from small airfield with grass runway
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 08:47:57 am »
It's normal that airport won't appear in the GSX config panel, because the only thing that panel knows are:

- Jetway replacement files that comes with GSX, about 900 files, one for each airport that have jetways in the default scenery.

- Airport services that comes with GSX, to replace default ground vehicles, for all airports with at least 5 parking spots, about 15000 files.

So, clearly, an airport that doesn't exists cannot possibly be part of files that come with GSX, that's why it doesn't appear there. To remove such airports, you use the Airport Visibility option, explained in the manual at Page 60.

In your case, the lie will be like this:

airport_visibility_LIFN = 0

Freccia

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 11:45:51 am »
Thanks for the reply, I opened the file C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Couatladdons.ini and entered the change.

It didn't work, I still see a tug and a catering truck.

I attach the file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 02:00:46 pm »
It didn't work, I still see a tug and a catering truck.

Please clarify, if you saw these *before* opening the GSX menu, they are NOT GSX vehicles, they are either Airport Services or Living World vehicles which are created automatically in the simulator.

They just happen to look like GSX vehicles, because they have been replaced by GSX, but their are created by the simulator and nothing you do in GSX could possibly affect those because, even if GSX had an airport service file for that airport (which clearly can't, since it doesn't exists), removing the GSX airport service file would only result in vehicles being chosen "by region" there instead of "by airport", but you would still see vehicles.

And if you didn't had GSX installed, you would still see vehicles, just completely defautl.

The only way to fix this, is to create a new airport service file yourself for that airport, remove all services on the parking types you don't want to be serviced.

Freccia

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 06:13:22 pm »
Thanks Umberto, you were very clear.