Author Topic: GSX and MSFS Addon Linker  (Read 2524 times)

a1823278

GSX and MSFS Addon Linker
« on: September 20, 2022, 03:02:40 am »
I just downloaded MSFS Addon Linker from flightsim.to and was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to make sure GSX can read the airports that will be held within the linker and that GSX will work properly. Thanks for any help.

Copper

Re: GSX and MSFS Addon Linker
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 09:53:40 am »
The only time you need to take care here is that when using the FSDT Installer's feature "exclude 3rd Party scenery" for GSX, it obviously only scans whatever is currently in the Community+Official folders. Whatever is added later using the Linker or manually is not excluded in this process of course.
So make sure all your airports are linked into the Community folder when/if you're doing that.

Apart from that, GSX reads the rest at the time of running the sim, so whatever MSFS sees, GSX should see as well. I did not have any issues with that since the only thing AddonsLinker does is to place addons into Community folder (as a link) just like you can do manually.

krieke58

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 10:34:51 am »
When using Addon Linker, this is a good way to tackle things:

• open Addon Linker
  • check the airports that you want to use at this time
  • open FSDT installer
  • click on "exclude 3rd party scenery"
  • go back to Addon Linker
  • click on start MSFS

That way you're good for using GSX.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 10:38:01 am by krieke58 »

Copper

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:56:38 am »
I would suggest to first add ALL the airports you have via Addons Linker, then do the steps to exclude 3rd party airports for GSX, and then work with Addons Linker to remove airports you don't need in your current session.
I'd only configure GSX in the Installer if GSX gets an update or if I install a new airport (in the latter case, adding the exclusion manually is easier, no need to rescan all).

The Jetway exclusions don't matter if you're not flying from/to these airports in your session anyway and doing these scans for 3rd party airports is pointless work to do every time.
If you disable airports in AddonsLinker for performance/stability reasons, you don't need to adjust the exclusions in GSX every time, they just don't matter.

a1823278

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 11:55:30 pm »
Thanks for the help. So far everything is working w/o any problems.