Author Topic: New Scenery  (Read 8101 times)

Bigmac72

New Scenery
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:18:08 am »
I just downloaded new scenery and when I went to the Airport the default scenery was in the way can any one help me
Brian McErlean

SirIsaac726

Re: New Scenery
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:58:12 am »
You couldn't have been more vague. ;)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:10:54 am »
You must INSTALL the scenery... just downloading it won't help much... But if you really haven't figured that out... flight simming may not be for you. It only gets harder from here..  :P

Bigmac72

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 07:27:17 am »
I did install the scenery you jackass
Brian McErlean

SirIsaac726

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:09:53 am »

Really was there a need for swearing?  Are you really 37? (from your profile)  The whole swearing thing is what kids do.  Let's try and be mature here.  Generally the " :P " emoticon indicates that someone is playing with ya' and joking around, not to mention the overall tone of his post.

By the way, how do you expect us to help when essentially you are just telling us you downloaded a scenery and it isn't working properly?  Do you want us to read your mind?

GIVE DETAILS!!!  What scenery?  What steps did you take to install the scenery?  What do you mean by "the default scenery was in the way?"

So, since you didn't respond to me the first time...I repeat, you couldn't have been more vague.  Give us more details and we'll be happy to help. ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:15:52 am by SirIsaac726 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 02:13:41 pm »
Moderation, please.

@Bigmac72
There's no need to start calling names. Do it again, and we'll just show the way out of this forum.

@SirIsaac726
Let us deal with user support, please.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »
Umberto, I was under the impression he wasn't even talking about an FSDT scenery so I thought it was just a general question.  And isn't the purpose of a forum to have everyone that wants to contribute to helping others?  I see it all the time here.  Other users, that aren't FSDT staff, end up solving some problems for other forum members.

Like I said, I was happy to help but he needed to give more details.  What exactly did I do wrong?  I just tried to explain. :(

Bigmac72

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 05:39:39 pm »
I am 37 and I might be dumb but I am not stupid................The scenery is a Freeware LKPR..............When I downloaded I did the right way adding the scenery file and the texture file...........I set  up a certain gate to start out of the default terminal was in the actual terminal from the add on scernery

Brian McErlean

SirIsaac726

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 05:48:02 pm »
No one called you dumb or stupid.  What newmanix said was a harmless joke.

It sounds as if the problem is duplicate AFCADs.  Look for an AFCAD for LKPR that didn't come with this new scenery and remove it.

Bigmac72

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 05:59:48 pm »
ok should that remove the default scenery
Brian McErlean

SirIsaac726

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 06:12:44 pm »
Actually, I'm not too sure.  Just to make sure we're clear...you added the folder that CONTAINS the scenery and texture folders for the scenery and you didn't individually add the two folders?

But it does seem as if there is an AFCAD problem as your planes aren't parking in the right way.  So if you did add the scenery correctly, I'd say first look to delete any duplicate AFCADs.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:27:44 pm »

Really was there a need for swearing?  Are you really 37? (from your profile)  The whole swearing thing is what kids do.  Let's try and be mature here.  Generally the " :P " emoticon indicates that someone is playing with ya' and joking around, not to mention the overall tone of his post.

By the way, how do you expect us to help when essentially you are just telling us you downloaded a scenery and it isn't working properly?  Do you want us to read your mind?

GIVE DETAILS!!!  What scenery?  What steps did you take to install the scenery?  What do you mean by "the default scenery was in the way?"

So, since you didn't respond to me the first time...I repeat, you couldn't have been more vague.  Give us more details and we'll be happy to help. ;)

lol @ Isaac for checking profiles!
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:33:21 pm »
I am 37 and I might be dumb but I am not stupid....

LOL!!! You are saying someone can be Dumb and Smart? Ok then...

In the future, if you want to avoid such responces, you really should be clear the first time on the issue you are having and the product you are using. You are in a FSDT forum asking for support for another developers product. As SirIsaac726 well stated, you were vague. We both could have simply ignored your post like everyone else. But obviously we are interested. Thus, don't bite the hands trying to help you in the future. We are happy to help you so long as Virtuali doesn't mind. If you are 37, act like it.

I had a similar issue in the past. Try this: Make sure there are no dup Afcad files. This really looks like an Afcad issue. Back up your [Addon Scenery] folder, then delete or remove the [scenery] folder from your FS tree. Also backup and delete the [scenery.dat] file in same folder. Restart FS, if the default builgings are gone, then the problem is in your [Addon Scenery + Scenery] folder. If they are still there, then you will have to remove all default airport buildings in that region which is not an issue if you never fly to default airports. I can tell you how to do that. Your last option will be a complete FS reinstall. Because I am such a nice guy, I will install the scenery myself to see if I have the issue.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:44:30 pm by newmanix »

Tom C

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 02:51:50 pm »
To be honest, this looks like the scenery didn't add whatever bgl file removes the default buildings.

I haven't installed this scenery, although I do have it downloaded ready to be installed.
If I get time to do so tonight, I'll set it up and see what files you should look for.
Regards.

Tom C.

777captain

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 03:51:17 pm »
Excuse my ignorance, but FSDT made LKPR?