Author Topic: Ugly Corrugated Jetway at LFPG  (Read 4267 times)

manflex55

Ugly Corrugated Jetway at LFPG
« on: September 19, 2022, 11:07:28 am »
Good day to all,

I'am having a problem with MSFS2020 and default LFPG scenery.

I see a lot of osceenshots from other users that have glass jetway by default, but i'm having ugly default corrugated style Jetway. When contacting them to know how they managed this, I get told that it is like that by default.... not in my sim unfortunately.

In FSDT INstaller I tried both with LFPG included or excluded resulting in absolutely no change in ether cases, still have the corrugated model. Someone having an idea of what's going on there and how to get regular glassy Jetbridges ?  it Seems I have the same issue at some other default airport like EGLL, EDDF, EDDM. However, EGNT and some other default have proper nice and glassy model.

I precise that Idid not install any addon for LFPG or general scenery or custom jetways except GSX.

Thanks you in advance for any help,

Regards,
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:51:46 pm by manflex55 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ugly Corregated Jetway at LFPG
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 11:11:46 am »
First, to see jetways replaced by GSX on a default airport ( the only case in which replacement should be Enabled ), the airport must be Enabled in the GSX Config panel, and by default is surely Enabled.

If you are on SU9, you are likely affected by this bug, which has been fixed in SU10:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27437.msg180115.html#msg180115

manflex55

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 04:50:54 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer, Should I understand that I should delete the content.xml file as a temporary manual workaround ? As I'm not willing to update to SU10beta at the moment.

regards,

Seth2413

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:04:14 am »
I have same issue, cant get glass jetways on any default airports at all.  Sometimes I get banners on the jetways sometimes not.  I dont have the SU10 beta either and ive read the thread linked above that talks about deleting the content.xml file on each startup.  Can you tell me where I find this file (steam version) and will it affect anything else im running with GSX pro - which is running really well for me nowadays, ive even started editting airports though not having good results all the time with that.  More trial and error. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 10:10:33 am »
Can you tell me where I find this file (steam version) and will it affect anything else im running with GSX pro

On the Steam version, the file is here:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\CONTENT.XML

Removing this file will result the sim creating a new one from scratch, with scenery areas sorted alphabetically, first the ones in Official, then the ones in Community, and this will affect the scenery priorities so, if you edited that file manually ( maybe you haven't, if you didn't knew where it was ) to fix yourself some priority issues between sceneries, you would have lost your changes so, I cannot say if this will affect any scenery or not, but it will surely affect GSX if you don't remove it at each startup or, at least before a flight from an handcrafted airport that has already replaced default Jetways on its own.

Because that's what the bug is really about: if a scenery has already replaced default jetways, other sceneries ( like GSX jetway replacement files ) won't be able to do that, even if they have an higher priority, unless you remove the content.xml file each time.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 01:56:14 pm by virtuali »

Seth2413

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 12:01:49 pm »
Ok thanks Umberto I'll take a look at the file. 

Seth2413

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 08:54:56 am »
Umbertos it didnt do anything, I still dont get the glass jetways at all.  Now with SU10 is there any change at all?  You mentioned that SU10 was going to fix this issue? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 10:14:53 am »
Umbertos it didnt do anything, I still dont get the glass jetways at all.  Now with SU10 is there any change at all?  You mentioned that SU10 was going to fix this issue?

You haven't said if, with SU9, removing the CONTENT.XML before each session fixed the problem, so we would have known your issues was exactly that one. I can only confirm I see GSX jetways at default LFPG, see the attached screenshot.

Seth2413

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 01:57:24 am »
Sure I did say that by saying it didnt change anything but anyway. 

I have now updated to SU10, I have deleted the context.xml file but I still do not get any glass jetways at all anywhere on default airports.  I do get banners on some airports but not all. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 01:59:42 am by Seth2413 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 10:08:01 am »
I have now updated to SU10, I have deleted the context.xml file but I still do not get any glass jetways at all anywhere on default airports.  I do get banners on some airports but not all.

You are not supposed to get glass jetways anywhere, they are based on location. In the US, for example, you'll never see glass jetways, since they are not used there.

Check the gsx-world-of-jetways package has got the correct priority: with SU10 you can rearrange scenery areas with a new dialog under the "Experimental" settings. gsx-world-of-jetways should be placed below all default airport areas, but before any Community sceneries.

manflex55

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 01:05:17 am »
Hi,

I've checked with the experimental option and the position of the fsdreamteal-gsx-world-of-jetway is properly set as you said : Above community entries, below all default ones.

Still no change with SU10. Can provide any files if  necessary to help investigate.

Edit: I tried to remove the content.xml from his location : C:\Users\FLT-OPS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache. MSFS don't create a new one at startup nor it has an effect on my jetway at LFPG.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 01:29:57 am by manflex55 »

tango3000

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 10:08:38 am »
hello I have su10 and jetways are very nice at LFPG.
 keep hope !

But I have a problem with the aircraft editor3D crashing everywhere....

Farewayhome

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 12:00:08 pm »
Hello ,i had the same problems for the jetways on LFPG with my MSFS Premium Deluxe , but when i installed the SU10 , afther that ,glass jetways works fine. After that ,i had a problem with the doors , loading cargo bays and catering doors on Fenix A320 and FBW A320 who didn't opening and closing. Finally find out that with the last update for ,FSUIPC 7 , they works.

manflex55

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 07:51:42 pm »
That's strange, I have also premium deluxe, can't understand how it could be fine on some system and not on others without any specific other addon that can conflict. Any help with this one will be appreciated.

tango3000

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 10:46:17 pm »
I agree, so differents problems depending en each install ?