Author Topic: remove stairs when using jetways  (Read 2421 times)

ang0718

remove stairs when using jetways
« on: September 14, 2022, 06:29:14 pm »
how do i stop having the stairs to load automatically when i'm parket at a gate with jetways. when i click board pax. i get the jetway to connect and automatically the stairs on the back door of the aircraft. help is appreciated.

thank you,
Angelo

Sirraj

Re: remove stairs when using jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 07:40:44 pm »
To disable the stairs:

Select "Additional Services" from the GSX menu, then "Customize Airport Positions". Select the gate or gates (or click on "Airport" at the top of the left column to select every gate at that airport.) then check "Disable staircases".  Do this for each airport.

Sirraj

DiscoStu

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 10:37:43 pm »
Wouldn't it make sense if the default for gates was "disable stairways" instead of having to go in and disable them for every airport?  For the 1% of people who want stairs and jetways at gates, why not make them go in and remove the checkbox instead?

AthenaG

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 11:00:29 am »
Apparently even with the jetways, the rear stairs are being used by the cleaning crew etc.

Please consider my request to add a "disable all stairs"  GLOBAL option for entire world airports - why?  For those simmers who fly tubeliner jets and park only at airports with jetways! 

In most of the world, except for the US, the rear staircase is used for the cabin cleaning crew. Passengers won't use it if there's a jetway.

Athena Grey
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 11:03:01 am by AthenaG »

WictorWictor

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 09:13:12 am »
Wouldn't it make sense if the default for gates was "disable stairways" instead of having to go in and disable them for every airport?  For the 1% of people who want stairs and jetways at gates, why not make them go in and remove the checkbox instead?

Hello,

I would just like to agree with the suggestion above, as I think it would save a lot of time to have a global option to turn off all stairs in the back, when jetways are connected, versus going into each airport manually.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving us the option to hide the "x pax have boarded" text message, and others. Appreciate it!