Author Topic: 3rd party airports jetway pax  (Read 1633 times)

Rafal

3rd party airports jetway pax
« on: September 18, 2022, 08:31:05 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to make an MSFS2020 GSX ini file for MKS EFHK.
I have read the GSX manual and decided to try adding the passengers (not walkers) waypoints to let them walk properly through the jetway without going out of it.
Now, as I am generally unsuccessful,  I have four questions.

1. Is this possible or am I wasting my time? Maybe it is intended only for pax walking on the ground? If possible however, I have three more questions.

2. I have added 5 waypoints, as shown in the collective screenshot I am attaching here.
Right after saving my work (with the enter key), they seemed to be walking fine in straight line, but before they turned left towards the plane, they were walking out of the jetway for a few seconds.
Then they would turn back and continue in the jetway as expected. I have not taken a screenshot of this behaviour, so here I am attaching and image where I used a double red arrow to show what I mean.

3. However, after shutting down MSFS and launching it later, even though the waypoints were still there (shown by the Customize Airport Positions menu), crew/pax were this time walking completely wrong as shown in another image.

4. And one more thing I cannot understand. Initially after creating the waypoints one by one and saving the path, I can see, scrolling through them with F1/F4, that they are in a wrong order.
Generally the last number (5) was where I put the first one (1) and so on. Why is it so?

Thank you in advance for you assistance.
Working with jetways is so difficult for me.

Have a good evening,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3rd party airports jetway pax
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 09:30:44 am »
1. Is this possible or am I wasting my time? Maybe it is intended only for pax walking on the ground?

Pax waypoints can be used *either* on ground ( to simulate an INOP jetway ) OR when using a jetway, but ONLY for the static part after the Jetway ends. Jetways are, by definition, dynamic, they don't always dock at the same place or even the same height so, clearly, a pre-defined path will never work on the animated part of the jetway.

The Manual has an example how they can be used on a gate with a Jetway, and shows the waypoints are used in the static part of the bridge, which on 3rd party airports won't be detected in any case ( on default airports, standard Jetway-link objects *are* detected ).

However, having passengers walking on 3rd party airport jetways shouldn't be a problem, provided:

- You DISABLED the airport from the GSX Config panel, so the jetway replacement file added by GSX, which is supposed to be used only with default airports, will not used, so you'll see the 3rd party jetway models only.

- The airport is NOT Encrypted ( = Marketplace airport )

If both these conditions are satisfied, GSX will be able to detect a Jetway and associate it with the correct gate, so passengers will walk though it, assuming the jetway has docked to the Main passengers door.

4. And one more thing I cannot understand. Initially after creating the waypoints one by one and saving the path, I can see, scrolling through them with F1/F4, that they are in a wrong order.[/quot€]

Waypoints are cycled in the order you created them. When creating a Pax waypoints path, the first waypoint is the Gate itself, and additional ones will be added after it, with the one closes to the airplane door being the last one.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 09:54:50 am »
Umberto, thank you very much for your reply!

- You DISABLED the airport from the GSX Config panel
- The airport is NOT Encrypted ( = Marketplace airport )
- assuming the jetway has docked to the Main passengers door.
Yes, all the 3 conditions have been met in my case, which is weird, as I still had the described problems.  :-\

When creating a Pax waypoints path, the first waypoint is the Gate itself, and additional ones will be added after it, with the one closes to the airplane door being the last one.
That's exactly the problem. I expected it to be like this, but it wasn't.
I created the waypoints going from the gate entry, towards the plane, and when checking them after saving, I discovered their numbering was completely reversed.

I will double check everything and try again somewhere during the week (or at the weekend).
Maybe I will make a very short video, so you can tell me where I make a mistake.

Enjoy your Monday,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 09:57:50 am »
Yes, all the 3 conditions have been met in my case, which is weird, as I still had the described problems.

Please describe exactly the problems, with your Pax waypoint path REMOVED, because it can't be used for the jetway, and if there is one with waypoints inside the animated part, nothing will work, because GSX will always create its own internal waypoint for that part, and will then use your custom path after reaching the end of the jetway.

Rafal

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 10:45:03 am »
if there is one with waypoints inside the animated part, nothing will work, because GSX will always create its own internal waypoint for that part

Oh, I see! I understand it better now.
That might be the case with my jetway.

I'll check what I can do about EFHK jetways (they're quite specific) and report later.

Thank you for your help,
Rafal