Author Topic: after quick edit pushback no pushback  (Read 9419 times)

Phil7789

Re: after quick edit pushback no pushback
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 04:07:36 pm »
If this is the case, I don't see any solution other than lowering all settings that might affect the number of objects displayed, like all traffic density sliders

The thing is that there were no other objects in my offline test, I was alone at the airport.

I do have AIG but only the models which are only injected by swift for Vatsim, which has been offline.

2 or 3 weeks ago everything worked even with quick edit pushbacks. I had AIG and used it on vatsim at this time.
The only thing that changed are GSX updates and SU10.

Oh and I have set all these sliders to 0, so no default objects injected

Edit: I did a bit of extensive testing and while I managed to have the quick edit working once (with some addons active), even when disabling all custom addons that could spawn objects (sceneries, liveries like AIG or FSLTL) the quick edit pushback failed again.
I basically just had enabled: Fenix, PMDG 737/738, Aerosoft VDGS (don't use it actually), navigraph, spad.next bridge.
Even with only GSX, Navigraph and 4 or 5 marketplace sceneries installed the quick edit pushback failed.

I am a bit confused here what is going on. Is there a log we could provide? It seems there are some users affected but not all. But after disabling all the addons (that worked with GSX in the past by the way) and still having this issue with quick edit pushbacks I'm a bit clueless where to check next.

Edit 2: It seems as if somehow GSX is not "closing" the quick edit properly. When using the customization menu ("customize this parking position") and editing the "quick edit" pushback the movement markings / dots remain. Once I close the menu the dots disappear and I can use the saved quick edit. Unfortunately this menu is not available once the tug is connected otherwise we could use this as a workaround.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 11:23:42 pm by Phil7789 »

DaBeLG

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 01:04:59 pm »
Same conclusion here.

edited push back works when AIG fsTLT and vatsim disabled . (but not 100%)

it has to do that pushing enter on edited pushback creates som simconnect error

what i do as workaround is edit parking stand and put my pushback in there then do apply and start then connecting to vatsim hoping no one is on my stand

regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 01:53:02 pm »
GSX is not failing or forgetting to "close" the editor, since if it really did that, it should always happen, in any situation, to everybody.

What really seems to be happening, if you don't see the quick edit dots being removed, is Simconnect just not accepting commands from GSX anymore, and this seem to be related to the total number of object in the scene.

I managed to reproduce this by going to an airport with lots of individual objects ( default EGLL ), and turning on FSLT traffic injection OR even plain FSLT traffic with no injection, and in some cases, GSX couldn't even create its own Traffic Cones, and this without *ANY* error logged anywhere, neither in GSX nor in the DevMode Console.

The only indication something was wrong, was in the "Simobjects" menu option of the DevMode, where you can see all Simobjects that have been created, and the missing ones are labeled as "Invalid", as if the sim reached the maximum number of objects, so it started to refuse to either ADD but even REMOVE existing ones, that's why you still see the QuickEdit dots.

Phil7789

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2022, 02:12:13 pm »
GSX is not failing or forgetting to "close" the editor, since if it really did that, it should always happen, in any situation, to everybody.

I wasn't referring to the editor not closing but the edit action itself. If you use the editor to edit the quick edit and then close the editor (as when you're finished with editing) the remaining dots also vanish. As there is no editor with quick editing this doesn't work.

What really seems to be happening, if you don't see the quick edit dots being removed, is Simconnect just not accepting commands from GSX anymore, and this seem to be related to the total number of object in the scene.

As stated in one of my edits I have this problem even with everything removed from my community folder. It was completely empty.

What I think is weird is that it worked with all those addons and AIG traffic with vatsim just 2 - 4 weeks ago. If it would only be a problem with too many objects this should've occured all the time shouldn't it?
And shouldn't the editor be affected the same way when to many objects are present? I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

Is there anything that could be done to re-fire commands to simconnect? After editing the progress seems to go on with "release parking brakes" "commence push"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:38:27 pm by Phil7789 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2022, 02:52:24 pm »
I wasn't referring to the editor not closing but the edit action itself. If you use the editor to edit the quick edit and then close the editor (as when you're finished with editing) the remaining dots also vanish. As there is no editor with quick editing this doesn't work.

Not sure what do you mean with "editor" opposed to "edit action itself", regardless if you start QuickEdit from the GSX menu in the middle of a Pushback, or you start it from the 2D Editor Dialog, the code is exactly the same.

Of course, since this threads reports the issue has possibly happening during a Pushback, that's what I tried now and, I can see no issues, it works just fine UNLESS in the case explained before: a detailed airport with lots of AI. But in that case, the problem is not even the Pushback or the QuickEdit, it starts with GSX not even able to create its starting objects on gate, like Traffic cones.

What I think is weird is that it worked with all those addons and AIG traffic with vatsim just 2 - 4 weeks ago. If it would only be a problem with too many objects this should've occured all the time shouldn't it?

There has been SU10 update in between, maybe we just uncovered a Simconnect issue.

In any case, today we released an update, which allows to optionally install a Lightweight version of the Jetway replacement files without extra Ground clutter, and this should help maintain the overall number of objects under control, especially on big airports.

Phil7789

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2022, 03:20:51 pm »
Not sure what do you mean with "editor" opposed to "edit action itself", regardless if you start QuickEdit from the GSX menu in the middle of a Pushback, or you start it from the 2D Editor Dialog, the code is exactly the same.

I'm referring to the 2D editor (edit action: quick edit from the GSX menu) where you can also edit the quick edit pushback (I know doesn't make much sense :D ). When the quick edit is saved there and then called via the GSX menu with "use saved quick edit" it works. So it only struggles when using quick edit from the GSX menu without the 2D editor.

But in that case, the problem is not even the Pushback or the QuickEdit, it starts with GSX not even able to create its starting objects on gate, like Traffic cones.

For me everything from GSX loads within milliseconds even with every addon and traffic enabled.

Now for the big BUT.
What is totally baffeling me after another hour of testing is this: When using the quick edit just with the green plane it stalls. When adding one additional step (blue circle with numbers) even if the pushback way is not altered it works several times in a row (every 3rd party I have enabled with ~ 10.000 liveries according to swift sitting in the community folder - so not actually injected).

I tried to confirm and used the quick edit without additional waypoints a second time -> stalls. After using additional waypoints again -> works every time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2022, 03:49:38 pm »
So it only struggles when using quick edit from the GSX menu without the 2D editor.

That's why I said I tested this case, and it works.

When using the quick edit just with the green plane it stalls.

Please clarify which airplane you used, because I can't replicate this, using both the default Asobo A320 and the PMDG 737.

DaBeLG

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2022, 04:13:39 pm »
Nice find i'll try this today keep you posted
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 04:35:05 pm by virtuali »

Phil7789

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2022, 07:44:14 pm »
That's why I said I tested this case, and it works.

I know :) I just wanted to point out that (in my /our case) the observation with the remaining green dots is the same for quick edit and the 2D editor (editing the quick edit there). With the 2D editor the green dots vanish once the 2D editor is closed and the edited push back can be used.
I know you cannot really reproduce this, it's just an observation in thise whole matter.
When using the quick edit just with the green plane it stalls.
Please clarify which airplane you used, because I can't replicate this, using both the default Asobo A320 and the PMDG 737.

I've used Fenix A320. I'll test again tomorrow if I can reproduce this "workaround" once again and use other planes. I'll just make a video to summarize my observations and for you to be able to actually see what is going on

Freccia

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2022, 10:46:46 am »
I also have this problem, both with the Fenix A320 and with the PMDG 737-800 at any airport.

The problem only arises when choosing pushback mode with the 2D editor. As has already been written, after using the enter key, I notice that the green points of the pushback trajectory remain in the scenery. No problem with other pushback modes.

To solve the problem, Couatl has to be stopped, restarted and then I choose to pushback using the previously saved trajectory.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 10:51:36 am by Freccia »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 01:32:34 pm »
I just made a test and tried both methods: Saved from the edtor or just Quick edit, with the PMDG 737, and they both work with no issues, see the following videos:

Using the editor to SAVE a Quick Edit:
https://youtu.be/7wIzDBJG60k

Creating a new Quick Edit in during the pushback, even with intermediate waypoints:
https://youtu.be/Sxpk7-7fSDU

DaBeLG

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2022, 02:39:39 pm »
Now for the big BUT.
What is totally baffeling me after another hour of testing is this: When using the quick edit just with the green plane it stalls. When adding one additional step (blue circle with numbers) even if the pushback way is not altered it works several times in a row

ok this indeed seems to work as work around if you press f6 to add pushback waypoint the pushback works

all pushbacks 10 yesterday worked with this senario  0 worked without the waypoint

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2022, 02:56:07 pm »
When using the quick edit just with the green plane it stalls. When adding one additional step (blue circle with numbers) even if the pushback way is not altered it works several times in a row

That's precisely why I made the two tests in slightly different ways, one without waypoints, another with, so you could also see that it works. You haven't said which airplane you used, so I tried the PMDG 737, because others that posted here said it doesn't work with that one.

Phil7789

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2022, 04:43:12 pm »
That's precisely why I made the two tests in slightly different ways, one without waypoints, another with, so you could also see that it works. You haven't said which airplane you used, so I tried the PMDG 737, because others that posted here said it doesn't work with that one.

I've watched the videos and I noticed that you didn't use a quick edit without additional waypoints from the GSX menu (not the 2D editor). Maybe there was a misunderstanding, using no waypoints with the 2D editor works (for us) but not when using the GSX menu (Gauge version), there additional waypoints are needed.

As promised I just uploaded my video showing our problem, maybe it is a bit clearer with it. I've recorded Fenix A320 and PMDG B738 with and without additional waypoints. The last part is showing that using the 2D editor and closing it will actually remove the pushback path dots and using the saved quick edit will work as expected (this is not viable for Vatsim as the time to actually start the pushback is too long).
I've also tested the default Asobo A320neo with the same behaviour as shown with the two planes in the video.

DaBeLG

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2022, 07:39:58 pm »
Nice movie

100% what i'm experiencing