Author Topic: after quick edit pushback no pushback  (Read 9389 times)

DaBeLG

after quick edit pushback no pushback
« on: September 18, 2022, 11:39:24 am »
Hi,

After i quick edit pushback the walker says disable parking brake and ready to start engines but no push back is started.

if i stop the pushback , then restart GSX pro and do pushback on pre edited pushback route it starts

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: after quick edit pushback no pushback
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 11:56:00 am »
Maybe you closed the toolbar menu, if you re-open it, you should have a "Continue pushback" option.

DaBeLG

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 12:21:19 pm »
Maybe you closed the toolbar menu, if you re-open it, you should have a "Continue pushback" option.

tried it doesn't work need to abort pushback and start again after the editor something happens why push back isn't starting (note i use marketplace airports)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:24:37 pm »
Please provide reproduction steps, indicating the airplane used, the airport used and post your GSX profile as well. If you are using a Marketplace airport, it could be helpful if it was an FSDT airport.

DaBeLG

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 01:39:44 pm »
Ok

steps

load airport + departure

Marketplace FSD Basel

LFSB gate 20 plane B738 or fenx a320 or FBW A32N

use flightsim.to GSX profile https://flightsim.to/file/39956/gsx-profile-lfsb-airport-basel-mlhausen-fsdt

reposition aircraft at current gate

do pre-flight checks (flightplan ,...)
request boarding
enter fuel
request pushback
do custom push back (move camera with xbox controller) move green plane arrow keys + num 1 and num 3
press enter
release parking brake
starting pushback + you can start engines ...
nothing happens (in outside view you see plane with the editor green dots)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 10:26:51 am »

I tried following the same procedure, and can't see any problems, pushback completes normally, both without a GSX profile and with the GSX profile on flightsim.to

Since this is an FSDT Marketplace airport, be sure you run an "Update" on GSX Pro, so it would detect its installation in the Official folder and will download the unencrypted version of the airport in the GSX profiles folder, so it stays together with the .INI file.

DaBeLG

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 08:20:46 pm »

I tried following the same procedure, and can't see any problems, pushback completes normally, both without a GSX profile and with the GSX profile on flightsim.to

Since this is an FSDT Marketplace airport, be sure you run an "Update" on GSX Pro, so it would detect its installation in the Official folder and will download the unencrypted version of the airport in the GSX profiles folder, so it stays together with the .INI file.

Hi,

any idea what can mess up the pushback ( any way to log this ?) ? updates are done already and see your BGL files

Regards,

Nevermind1982

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 08:52:06 pm »
I have exactly the same problem when editing and the pushback line/points do not disappear, they are behind the aircraft

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 05:12:31 pm »
If you still see the green dots of the QuickEdit pushback, but GSX is still working ( this could happen if there was an error, but than GSX would have stopped ), the only possible reason I can think of, is another add-on sending too much traffic over Simconnect, so the sim doesn't have enough time to "talk" with GSX which is trying to remove those objects when exiting the editor.

DaBeLG

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 05:52:39 pm »
If you still see the green dots of the QuickEdit pushback, but GSX is still working ( this could happen if there was an error, but than GSX would have stopped ), the only possible reason I can think of, is another add-on sending too much traffic over Simconnect, so the sim doesn't have enough time to "talk" with GSX which is trying to remove those objects when exiting the editor.

could be i have AIG spad.next pro-atc , etc as addons . i'll try to just use aircaraft and GSX

Nevermind1982

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 06:20:54 pm »
I tried it with the 737 in cold and dark and with all systems up without vatsim, then its working, does vatsim something to do with simconnect?

DaBeLG

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 10:31:12 am »
I tried it with the 737 in cold and dark and with all systems up without vatsim, then its working, does vatsim something to do with simconnect?

without AIG traffic injection and vatsim idd it works here also !!! very weird

Nevermind1982

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 10:20:28 am »
any solution?

Phil7789

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2022, 12:59:36 am »
I can confirm this too unfortunately, seems to only happen when quick editing (in addition I have only tested default left/right so far and this works)

• Aircraft: PMDG 738 / Fenix A320
  • Airport: Hamburg (EDDH - Marketplace) / Splid (LDSP - OrbX Central)
  • Environment: Vatsim / Offline

Reproduce:

• Spawn at gate (doesn't seem to matter which one)
  • Request pushback and wait for connection
  • Quick Edit (final position doesn't seem to matter too)
  • Editing dots remain
  • Release parking brake
  • No pushback

Might this be related with SU10? I can't tell exactly when this stopped working but I think it might've been around SU10 release for me.

Behaviour is as stated above: The editing dots don't disappear and pushback will not start after releasing the parking brakes.[/list]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 01:01:31 am by Phil7789 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 03:21:01 pm »
Behaviour is as stated above: The editing dots don't disappear and pushback will not start after releasing the parking brakes.

The only common pattern from users reporting the editing dots not disappearing, was always in combination with some other product that creates lots of extra objects, like AIG traffic injector, but it might not be the only one, and it's usually happening more frequently at more dense airports, because there seems to be a limit (not documented anywhere, of course) on the maximum number of objects in the sim, after which Simconnect just breaks and stops creating new objects.

The thing is: Simconnect *does* have an error code called "TOO MANY OBJECTS", but nowhere is documented how it works or how large the limit ( assuming there is one ) is, or if the limit is the overall number of objects visible in a scene, or the maximum number of objects created in a given time, nothing in the SDK ever suggest anything like that, they mostly insist of using multiple LODs level, something we do extensively already.

If this is the case, I don't see any solution other than lowering all settings that might affect the number of objects displayed, like all traffic density sliders.