Author Topic: ATC informs parking or stand, GSX reports busy even though free  (Read 1576 times)

Leopardo Di Cardio

ATC informs parking or stand, GSX reports busy even though free
« on: September 17, 2022, 10:21:11 am »
I need some advice, I've been having a problem with assigning a parking space for a long time. When I land, through ATC, I get, for example, gate 46, then I open the GSX menu, I try to select the gate, but it's already occupied, so I choose 47 right next to it... it's already free.  .as soon as I approach the stand via Follow Me, I see that the original 46 is not occupied?  Why couldn't I set it up in GSX after landing?  It happens to me almost every time... Couldn't it be that after I get a stand through ATC, the GSX already recognizes it as occupied even for me?  Thanks in advance for the info.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 10:41:11 am by syphax »

Cush1465

Re: ATC informs parking or stand, GSX reports busy even though free
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 12:10:25 pm »
I think you are right. I always find that GSX states its already occupied but I select it anyway and its always empty. I assume ATC has assigned it so thats why GSX assumes its occupied. 

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 12:43:14 pm »
I think you are right. I always find that GSX states its already occupied but I select it anyway and its always empty. I assume ATC has assigned it so thats why GSX assumes its occupied.
........maybe Virtuali /Umberto/ can give some advice, because the problem arises when it is fully occupied elsewhere by AIG Traffic or static /I don't use it/ and there is nowhere to go, because the assigned place from ATC is issued by GSX as already occupied and I can request that place as I want, but simply  it won't release, it's busy, choose another.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:34:31 pm »
GSX in MSFS will let you use a parking even if it's occupied, asking to remove an AI, if an AI is really there.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 12:42:03 pm »
GSX in MSFS will let you use a parking even if it's occupied, asking to remove an AI, if an AI is really there.
Unfortunately, it's a bit different, because after landing, GSX shows me when selecting a stand that it is occupied and will soon be free... but I can't select it... if I choose another one, for example right next to it, I find out after reaching the place that it is de facto free  and there is nothing there. Select a stand if it is occupied, it cannot be selected, it repeats over and over that I have to choose another... so I don't know.. it sometimes happens that AIG sometimes lets the planes flash by the stand before setting one or that it simply disappears without starting Pushback  but I don't think that this would happen exactly at the time of landing and determining the stand. It's more a question of how GSX defines a free stand and which is occupied...really occupied...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:43:53 pm by syphax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 12:45:36 pm »
it sometimes happens that AIG sometimes

It seems that using AIG causes lots of issues, see the relevant thread.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 12:52:32 pm »
it sometimes happens that AIG sometimes

It seems that using AIG causes lots of issues, see the relevant thread.
Unfortunately, I have to say that yes, I don't know what options AIG allows for MSFS itself, which we have to say is still in development rather than as a finished product. The problem is that without surrounding traffic, the airport is dead and unrealistic. And today, unfortunately, another alternative with flight  does not find the plans. AIG's hands may be tied by MSFS itself, which Asobo did not properly elaborate in this area, and thus everything that is set and should work does not work.
Let's call it a problem that isnt on AIG's side, as there was no problem with GSX with CTD back then.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:57:04 pm by syphax »