Author Topic: Key command needed to open GSX menu  (Read 3841 times)

737Andi

Key command needed to open GSX menu
« on: September 14, 2022, 07:54:03 pm »
Hi,

is there a possibility to open the GSX menu in MSFS with a special key command like it can be done under Prepar3d?
In Prepar3d CTRL+F12 was integrated by default.

I need this option to get my GSX Hardware panel with switches and buttons to work in combination with Spad.Next.

Thank you!

Best regards Andi

737Andi

Re: Key command needed to open GSX menu
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 07:28:32 pm »
Hi, I'm pushing this question a little bit up so that the devs will see this. Is there a fast way to open the GSX menu inside MSFS via a key command.

I think it should be easy to implement this old Prepar3d feature.

That would be awesome.

Thanks!

Best regards Andi

Copper

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 08:39:45 pm »
One can bind a button using AxisAndOhs or SPAD.Next (maybe FSUIPC too) since there is a SimVar to open menu.
But this only works sometimes since for this to have an effect, the GSX Button in the toolbar needs to be active.
Unfortunately GSX randomly decides to deactivate itself in the toolbar (apparently to save a click) but this inhibits the option to open the Menu via SimVar/Event too.

An out of the box solution that works every time would still be much better. Also an option for controlling GSX outside of the game would be great, it is totally doable as it is already possible using AxisAndOhs and Streamdeck to control GSX without using the Toolbar at all.

737Andi

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 09:00:39 pm »
Thanks for your reply :)

Do I understand you correctly that there is actually already an existing simVar to open the GSX menu?

Which one is that?

If virtuali is reading this... I assume it would be no big deal to implement this old Prepar3d function, or?

Thx!

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 09:00:35 am »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 09:16:51 am »
Please don't play with variables, the next update WILL have a (configurable) hotkey to open the menu and the auto-close feature, which seems to have confused lots of users (it wasn't "random" it was made to save from as many double clicks as possible), will be gone.

Of course, this won't change the limitation that is not possible to run the menu if the toolbar icon is not active, which means the first time you start GSX, you *must* open it from the Toolbar icon and never close it so, as long the icon stays active, it will respond to the Hotkey. Same as Navigraph charts, for example.

737Andi

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 03:36:00 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for your great support! Looking forward to the next update!

Best regards Andi

737Andi

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 03:39:04 pm »
A small idea. You might want to add a tickbox under the GSX settings menu that allows an auto activation of GSX when you hit the ready to fly button. That would prevent the necessity to activate GSX over the drop down menu each time a flight is loaded.