Author Topic: Default jetways around the world  (Read 1626 times)

robimhood

Default jetways around the world
« on: September 15, 2022, 09:58:33 pm »
Hello !
First of all, I would like to point out that GSX works perfectly (boarding, catering,....). However, I have the default jetways in all airports, even if in FSDT Installer, I have all AIRPORTS_ICAO.bgl in the 'enabled' column. Do you have any suggestions regarding this?
Thank you in advance !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default jetways around the world
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 09:53:04 am »
Are you sure you tested various types of airports and not, for example, handcrafted or 3rd party airports only ?

- 3rd party airports must be disabled in the GSX panel, because you shouldn't replace jetways there, because the replacement .BGLs are only meant to be used in default airports.

- default handcrafted airports suffers from a known bug in SU9 that prevents an airport that already excluded jetways on its own to have its own jetways replaced by a further scenery, unless you delete the CONTENT.XML file before each flight, this bug has been fixed in SU10.

robimhood

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 11:17:20 pm »
- 3rd airports are disabled (for example I have LPPT from MK-STUDIOS via ORBX Central and jetways are from the scenery, so it's good)

I tried at LFPG, KLAX, LIRF or also at BIKF (no sceneries for them so it's the default ones) and I have asobo's jetways. In addition, I have some bridges that are invisible, so the jetways are detached from the terminal. Do you want I put a file in attachment like the couatl.err or another ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 10:31:54 am »
I tried at LFPG, KLAX, LIRF or also at BIKF (no sceneries for them so it's the default ones) and I have asobo's jetways.

Please read the explanation about the bug in SU9 which would prevent jetway replacement unless you remove the content.xml file each time.

In addition, I have some bridges that are invisible, so the jetways are detached from the terminal.

If you are referring to the same airports you have Asobo jetways, you should have default Asobo bridges as well, unless you mean other airports, or you mean you have default Asobo jetways with GSX replacement bridges ? Please clarify.

However, about bridges retracted, that wouldn't make any difference, since there's a known simulator bug that results in bridges not always extending, and that affects both default Asobo bridges and GSX replacement bridges or any other jetway bridges for that matter, because it's a simulator bug that happens even when everything is default, and has been reported to Asobo more than a year ago.

Do you want I put a file in attachment like the couatl.err or another ?

You don't seem to understand: jetways and replacement jetways don't have anything to do with GSX the program, they are just a set of sceneries that doesn't require any software to work, and are controlled completely by the sim.

rencath

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 12:02:52 pm »
Hello
does anyone have a problem with the jetways on the LFMT scenery? whether with the scenery from Pesim (pilot experience) or the basic mfs one (after removal of course of the pesim scenery) the jetways are separated from each other. the publisher tells me that he does not know this problem and I believe him. I uninstalled scene and gsx and no reinstallation solved the problem. If you have any ideas I'm a taker :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 12:26:21 pm »
I uninstalled scene and gsx and no reinstallation solved the problem. If you have any ideas I'm a taker

When you disabled the 3rd party airport, have you enabled back the GSX replacement jetways for that airport ? Because if you haven't enable back GSX jetway there, and now the default airport had the default Asobo jetway model, the problem you had with jetways couldn't possibly be fixed by uninstalling or reinstalling GSX, since it had nothing to do with it.

If, instead, you still have jetways that breakup when the GSX jetway are visible, please report exactly the gate used and the airplane used.