Author Topic: Couatl not running for GSX pro  (Read 888 times)

GarryS54

Couatl not running for GSX pro
« on: September 15, 2022, 06:50:10 pm »
I recently purchased GSX pro for MSFS but keep getting an error message both before and after running MSFS.  If I start Couatl for GSX MSFS I get a message saying VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found (see attached screenshot). It then suggests I try reinstalling the program but not sure if this refers to Couatl or GSX Pro. When I start up MSFS I get a different error message saying the application was unable to start correctly - and I get an error code. See 2nd attachment.

So far my experience of using GSX pro is one of frustration and from the forum it would seem I'm not the only one. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl not running for GSX pro
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 07:00:41 pm »
If I start Couatl for GSX MSFS I get a message saying VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found (see attached screenshot).

That error indicates you have a problem with one of the Windows C++ redistributables runtimes, which is usually due to a Windows install problem, since on a fully updated Windows 10/11 system, they should be there.

Of course, the GSX manual cover for this eventuality, at Page 70, the Troubleshooting chapter, with a link to download the runtimes, which I'll copy here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

So far my experience of using GSX pro is one of frustration and from the forum it would seem I'm not the only one.

While GSX can do many things, it surely cannot magically fix any kind of Windows installation problems. We would sell it as system repair utility if it could do that.